3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Step Bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:30 PM
mmstar23
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Step Bars

Well im planning on buying Mopart 4" Oval Step Bars in the near future, but i have a few questions. now i know that when they come from factory, theyre pretty close to the cab, which i want. i actually want them to be as close as possible without losing the ability of the steps. but since i havea body lift, they will hang down lower right? so if i want them to site as close to the cab as they come from stock, i would have to drill my own hole or no? any input is greatly appreciated!

Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Step Bars

The Mopar ones mount to the body and not the frame. So They will be the same height as the cab. The lift kit should not make any difference....

Old 07-21-2008, 06:23 PM
mmstar23
Champion

awesome. thanks parts/service. i was doing some research on google and saw somewhere, someone mentioned that it mounted to the cab itself and not the frame. not exactly sure how sturdy they would be since its not mounted to the frame, but a lot of trucks have them and i havent heard anything negative, so im sure it will work out

Old 07-21-2008, 07:03 PM
jstmahoney
Captain

Me and my dad were just talking about wether or not the bars bolt onto the frame or body. Yeah i guess they must be strong, but iv'e never had a chance to check them out, or jump on them lol.

Quick Reply: Step Bars