3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Burn out- Dashlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Skullycapone
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burn out- Dashlights

So im comin home today in my new 08 hemi ram 1500 and I see my buddies pullin out the laneway so i stop on a tar patch near my house and light them up pretty good proceeding to slide all over the road and diggin some holes in the road lol. Anyways I get home and step out my truck and my buddies start laughin and im like wtf they laughin at. They all point to the back corner or my box and wheel wells and there is about 3 inches of hot tar caked all over my truck, my chrome muffler is totally black.

So my question is, what the hell can I use to get this crap off my truck, what a pain in the ****

Second thing, I love my truck, I mean its beyond great to me, its my dream truck but im a picky sob and I cant help but notice driving tonight that dodge sure does have some cheesy blinker lights and high beem lights on the dash. I mean it looks like they came straight out a 1980 dodge caravan. Other than that inside and outside is breath taking.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last time I had tar on my truck, I used an old rag and some TC-11 to take it off. TC-11 won't hurt the paint, and you can pick up a can at any ace hardware.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Ben D.
Champion

get it off fast, probably gonna have to use an all purpose cleaner to get it off.... not the best way to break in an motor and tranny but that's ur choice

dash lights.... welll IDK what urs have but mine I like.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Skullycapone
Rookie

Oh come on you get a new hemi and you dont test out the power once or twice? Its at around 400km so far, she needs a little whip once and a while. In my time growing up riding dirk bikes, quads, old cars, new cars, trucks whatever I find its just as bad to baby a new ride as it is to beat the snot out of it. I try to find a mediun, give it some juice atleast once a day for a short period to get that carbon out and let her know we gonna have some fun together, be prepared.

One thing im gonna stop doing though is burn outs, this is a pain in the butt . So far ive tried varsol on the inner wheel wells and turtle wax bug and tar remover, neither is doing a great job, its to thick

Old 08-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Ben D.
Champion

prolly gonna have to pick it off by hand or with some sorta tool until it gets down to pretty thin then maybe like meguairs all purpose cleaner plus in it's full concentration.

O and I agree give it a whip once in a while but 400km and doing a burnout is extremely bad for not only engine and tranny but also the rear diff as well. getting the carbon out and doing a burnout are two different things. it's best to really baby them the first 50 miles to allow all the gears in the tranny and diff to settle in then pick up teh pace from there.

Quick Reply: Burn out- Dashlights