3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

racing questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Skullycapone
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racing questions

Okay I havnt raced anyone yet, still have limits on without superchip so whats the point but im trying to get a feel for my ride (08 ram 1500 hemi 5.7) and I notice sometimes I floor it out the gate and it seems to bog along as it gains speed at a not overly exciting pace, then other times I floor it and it shoots out the gate and hits powerband and off we go like a jack rabbit. Then I try the medium speed steady weight to the peddle and hit it hard at about 2-3krpm, this seems to work better in the long run but not out the gate.

Why does it not always have the same takeoff by flooring it out the gate?

Do you floor it when racing or use a medium speed weight to the peddle to assure precise powerband moments?

Do you manually shift your automatic, and if so can this harm your tranny if done even for normal driving?

Just a few questions, I find it weird that I sometimes bog out the gate at full throttle like a 4 stroke quad and then other times jump out the gate like a 2 stroke motocrosser doing the samething.

Last edited by Skullycapone; 08-29-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply: racing questions