3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Round plastic inserts below license plate....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:28 AM
jrudicel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Round plastic inserts below license plate....

At the bottom of the license plate on the rear bumper...where you would step...there is three round inserts so to speak.. They cover the mounting holes for a bumper mounted hitch I believe. Anyways, after getting my truck back from the dealer for some maintenance, I noticed I am missing the center one. Now there is a hole there. Can them be replaced or am I going to have to fabricate one at work or something. Looks like crap with a hole there....lol

Old 09-21-2008, 10:36 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just go back to the dealer and ask for one. Make sure you deal with the same tech or service manager and mention that it was there when you dropped the truck off. They will get you one.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:14 PM
WhiteBerry
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine fell out a couple months ago randomly, no i dea where it went to. i was annoyed with it for a couple weeks, but i got used to it... thinking about throwing a hitch ball or D-ring in there to hold the void

Old 09-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can order one for less than $5.00 if the dealer does not have one. The part # is 55077311AB. Ask which tech does the hitch installs, I bet he has some left over ones in his tool box....

Quick Reply: Round plastic inserts below license plate....