3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4.7 ltr V8..k&n air filter???

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 12:20 AM
ivaskaj
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any plans to start making the air ram induction system again? i'd buy one.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:47 AM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ~RAM~
no the first question was dude sayin put a k&n drop in filter an u said it causes the loss of power, thats jus the drop in to the stock intake right? not a full k&n cold air intake.. from the throttle body..
these are decent intakes right? the fipk..
Yes, our test and my point is on the K&N "DROP IN FILTER". They have several induction systems to choose from BUT some of them are just fancy "FILTER BOX's" that do little for performance. If the intake does NOT replace the Resonator then its a waste of money, your filter box is NOT very restrictive at all... it surly is not as restrictive as your Resonator which MUST be removed for best performance gains... Which by the way on the 3rd Gen Ram the BEST intake is worth a max of 12-13RWHP (AVERAGE BALL PARK) on a DYNO, anyone claiming more then that is not shooting straight with misleading DYNO information.

SPEEDS SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 10-01-2008, 09:04 AM
jorswift
Rookie

any one want to sell an air ram intake? i have been trying to get one now for ever, and now he has stopped production...man o man..bummer

Old 10-01-2008, 09:35 AM
soccerman002
Amateur

I'd like to see some numbers for a Green high performance air filter. I also own a turbocharged Acura RSX Type-S, and a lot of the high horsepower guys in my forum swear by them. They make a drop-in for the Ram 1500, might go this route since there is some uncertainty w/the K&N.

And I wasn't disputing the results Air Ram, I said they didn't make sense b/c K&N is nationally known to be one of the top tier automotive filter companies in the country. Why they would produce a filter that flows less than stock is what doesn't make sense.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:08 PM
ryland
Rookie

I'm going to buy one of those amsoil ea air filters. They claim it filters better while allowing more airflow than stock due to nano fibers. When you look at the technology it seems like it would work. They have a video on their main website that says how it works. I remember learning about nano tech in college and it seems like that would do very well in this application. They also make an oil filter with the same nano fibers.

Quick Reply: 4.7 ltr V8..k&n air filter???