3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 08:02 PM
bballfreak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Solenoid

My transmisson solenoid went out recently on my 06 ram 1500, 51,000 mi, just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. I don't have an extended warranty so I had to shell out 750 dlls to get it fixed at the the dealership. Any info if this is common on these vehicles? Has anyone heard of any recalls for this problem? Please Help!!!!! Its fixed, its all good now, but just wondering if I should contact Chrysler about this.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:41 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sure they are aware of the problem as they keep inventory of everything installed from all the dealerships. Also, I have heard of the shift solonoid going on a few others. $750 is pretty steep. Did you get the break down on how much they charged for the solonoid? Installation isn't that difficult but does take some knowledge

Old 12-23-2008, 09:07 PM
froto'sride
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't heard about this but i am sure that the longer that thread is here there will be someone that has had it. but as far as the recalls you can go to the top of the forum or dodge.com and put in your vin and it will tell you any and all recalls

Quick Reply: Transmission Solenoid