3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: Do U think there's enough info on this site that can answer 99% of the ?'s
Nope, the first page is the only hope for all answers
6.90%
Everyone's just too lazy including myself
17.24%
I think everyone needs to do more searches
34.48%
99% umm no but there's enough info for more than 50% of new posts aquired daily
41.38%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

does anyone go past the first page to get answers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 01:49 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

While I agree searching is a great feature and should be used... I disagree that a topic question should not be asked only because a few people feel its been covered in a past tread. The entire purpose of a forum is to communicate with one another and interact. To suggest that nobody ask a question that has already been asked would run everyone off and lead to quit a slow forum! Also I have seen answers to one subject evolve so often that in order to get the most current accurate up to date answer is to visit the subject again.

I think the ones that are lazy are the ones to tell somone to do a search instead of answering the question.... Not only is that lazy but it is rude. Eventually people will learn how to search over time... But to refuse to answer a members question and post with "Do a search" because you personally feel its been addressed is lazy and will run off more members then it will bring... this is just my opinion...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-23-2008, 02:26 PM
disturbedgator
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if the search feature was more refined and you could search within segments i.e. ram, durango, neons, we would have less "reposts". just my treee cents yo!

Old 11-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

I agree the search is usefull some times. There are times when it's a lot easier to just ask the question again than searching through numerous posts trying to find what your looking for.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:02 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
I agree the search is usefull some times. There are times when it's a lot easier to just ask the question again than searching through numerous posts trying to find what your looking for.
And you get meet new people and make new freinds all the while adding to your post count! What more could you ask for?.>> SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-23-2008, 03:36 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by disturbedgator
I think if the search feature was more refined and you could search within segments i.e. ram, durango, neons, we would have less "reposts". just my treee cents yo!
You can search the sections and it is not the hard to figure out how to do.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am fairly new to the forum hear but came from the mustang forums and there seemed a lot more variety of questions there. Asking questions makes it a little bit more tailored to your situation.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:40 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

Originally Posted by Ridinhigh
I am fairly new to the forum hear but came from the mustang forums and there seemed a lot more variety of questions there. Asking questions makes it a little bit more tailored to your situation.
I agree... If everyone just searched and did not ask questions then there would be no need for an open forum... you would call it "Answers to Questions" with no active participation... I see the point but I don't agree with it one bit... If you see a post that you feel is redundant and already has been addressed then just Skip it and go to the next post that you feel is worth your time & effort to read/respond to.

If you click an "intake tread" (that we all know is redundant) and read it... then you clicked it by choice... we all know there are THOUSANDS of intake treads... next time skip it and let others who don't feel they are above answering or helping a member out... there are just as many people willing to help as there are that are not... for any subject. I don't say this as a bad thing either... there are treads I feel like responding too and others I don't...so it goes both ways for everyone and at any one given moment you could be on either side of the fence.

If you think about it... any question you may have has already been answered by somone. So if we applied the thought that every one should do an internet search before asking a question you will find your answers.. but then why would you bother going to a forum if there where no questions and nobody willing to answer them...

I encourage newbies to POST, POST, POST... Learn how to use the forums to your advantage to help you with what ever your performance goal is... Over time they will learn how to search and when its better to search or to post the question...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-23-2008, 09:42 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

I would always do a search first and if I could not find an answer or situation exactly like mine I would thhen create the thread. Sometimes, and not specifically this forum, the one who starts the thread may not follow up on a solution to the problem. Just my thoughts.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:26 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

LOL... Isn't that the truth! I have seen people post a question that sparks HEATED debates for pages... and noticed the original poster never returned to say what they did to fix the issue... LOL ... Thats sometimes comical.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-23-2008, 10:31 PM
6 hemi ram
Professional

if you were to only search for an answer to your question, then those that have joined after the question was answered may have valuable info to add but may not respond to a question that was covered before they came on because of its age. i know i dont go back and add info that i have to a question that was posted long ago but may be relevant and maybe even helpful. that make sense??

Quick Reply: does anyone go past the first page to get answers?