3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Portable GPS Unit ? 08 Dodge Ram Interference

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Jeepsrock
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Portable GPS Unit ? 08 Dodge Ram Interference

Over the last few months i have been trying diagnose and figure out how to deal with this interference problem and really haven't come to a solution.

I have a new 08 Dodge Ram Truck with which i originally purchased a Garmin 265WT and the problem is that after i am done driving the unit causes some sort of interference that doesn't allow me to Wirelessly Lock or Unlock my Truck using the keyless entry.

When i first realized this i called Garmin and they said they have heard of this a few times but since its very rare they are unsure of the cause. They decided to send me a 755T unit to test.

After i received the unit and drove the truck with it, it seems to happen on occasion intermittently.

If the interference does indeed occur when i am out the only way i get to lock my car is either by clicking the TURN OFF button before the 30sec count down is completed, If i turn off the unit or simply wait the 30sec and then lock the truck.

Any Feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

I would also like to know the units other are using and if experiencing similar problems.

Pete

Old 12-25-2008, 09:36 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Doesn't help much, but one of my hunting buddies has the Garmin 265WT that stays mounted in his Chevy Z71. I've been in that truck dozens of times since he's gotten the GPS and I've not seen the issue, nor has he mentioned it.
Must be a Dodge thing...

Old 12-26-2008, 11:31 AM
MTD llc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the nuvi 760 in my '03 and have no problems. the 760 is pretty similar to the ones you're talking about. Only difference is mine doesn't have MSN Direct.

Try leaving it on, but not plugged in while trying to lock/unlock the truck; the power cord for the unit has the FM Traffic receiver built into it which may be causing your problems.

Good luck!

Old 12-26-2008, 03:16 PM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems with my magellan. Weird problem...

Quick Reply: Portable GPS Unit ? 08 Dodge Ram Interference