3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission and transfer case trouble

Old 01-25-2017, 05:37 AM
Dacota Bigler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission and transfer case trouble

Ok dodge family i have a dilema. First off let me start out with i have a 2006 dodge ram 2500 TRX4 5.7 V8 Hemi. My transfer case recently had gone out in the truck, no big deal. Well last weekend i finally got around to replaceing it with a new trasnfer case. With no issues i got the old transfer case dropped and the new one put it. Now hear comes the kicker. After everything was all bolted back up and sensors and hoses were hooked back up i figured it was time to test it. So i started the truck up put it in neutral and made sure the transfer case was in gear, which it was. When i shifted into drive the engine loaded like it was in gear. But when i hit the gas the truck didnt move. So i tried reverse and the same out come the engine loaded but the truck stayed stationary. So i figuer id take it a step further i put the truck in 4 low and 4 high and tried to see if it would move then. But still the same outcome the engine loaded but the truck wouldnt move. I have no clue what could be going on with it now. So please any suggestions at all. Please need the help before i go dropping money on parts and such that i might not even need to replace. Was told it may need a transmission flush cause the filter could be clogged or the nore price option that the bad teansfer case sbapoed the tail shaft of the transmission what do you all think???

Old 01-25-2017, 10:45 PM
p38251
Record Breaker

Why was the transfer case replaced?

Old 01-26-2017, 05:22 AM
Dacota Bigler

Originally Posted by p38251
Why was the transfer case replaced?
Finally went. Was kinda hard on the truck between pulling heavy hauls and mudding in it when i first bought it 2 years ago and now it just finally went out

Search this Thread