DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   working on the dodge (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/189746-working-on-the-dodge.html)

ashgirl 02-14-2009 06:10 PM

muddin and everyday

i want to start with apperance and finding good deals on tires and rims i have $1800 to spend plus a little more when i start selling the stock parts like tires and rims.....looking for bull bar probably maybe some bling :)

o and its an 08 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with the 2 1/2 in leveling kit....can i fit 35's under it with minimum rub?

AF_HEMI 02-14-2009 06:25 PM

well you're probably gonna end up using most if not all of your 1800 on just the wheels/tires. If you have any left, i'd go with either catback exhuast or cold air intake (CAI). Welcome to the family by the way

ashgirl 02-27-2009 10:30 PM

where did you get your front bumper ....i like the whole same color concept .....and im looking at getting those finder flare... also do you think that i can fit 35's with a 2 1/2 in leveling kit .... THANKS ASH

HammerZ71 02-27-2009 11:05 PM

you'll fit the 35's if you opt for a wheel with about 4.5" back spacing. But this won't leave you a lot of room for flexing off road, it'll scrub. Also will rub a little at full turn. You'd also need longer shocks, about 2" longer will do, as you'll find the stock shocks will bottom out on even the smallest bumps.
As far as bling, try looking at StylinConcepts and Autotrucktoys, it's where I got most of my "bling" stuff...

SeMiGoD 02-28-2009 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by ashgirl (Post 1550777)
i want to start with apperance and finding good deals on tires and rims i have $1800 to spend plus a little more when i start selling the stock parts like tires and rims.....looking for bull bar probably maybe some bling :)

o and its an 08 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with the 2 1/2 in leveling kit....can i fit 35's under it with minimum rub?

I can find you the best bling for the buck if your willing to hang!
I guarentee i can get you the best price on rims!!!!
Wheel Discounters info@wheeldiscounters.com
Ask for Andy!!!! Hes treated me right for a few years now.

hemiyellow 02-28-2009 12:56 AM

yeah autotrucktoys is a pretty decent place to get stuff...i got my bull bar on ebay (which reminds me, i need to get pics) but it was cheap....still say fender flares make the truck.....you might try looking around on ebay and seeing what they have for rims(depends on what ya want, but try lookin on 4wheelparts or 4wheelonline...they usually have some pretty decent deals)

and lastly...welcome to DF :)

....when you wanna start doing performance mods, check out moesperformance

lxman1 02-28-2009 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by ashgirl (Post 1567611)
where did you get your front bumper ....i like the whole same color concept .....and im looking at getting those finder flare... also do you think that i can fit 35's with a 2 1/2 in leveling kit .... THANKS ASH

The SPORT package on these trucks have the painted bumpers instead of chrome.

ashgirl 03-06-2009 10:22 PM

torn

cold air intake or exhaust or will just a new kn&n air filter be just as good as a cold air intake then also do the exhaust .......

Redone4x4 03-06-2009 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by ashgirl (Post 1576900)
cold air intake or exhaust or will just a new kn&n air filter be just as good as a cold air intake then also do the exhaust .......

the intake and exhaust go hand in hand, they compliment each other. so aftermarket intake along with exhaust would be a good setup.

SilverBullet08 03-06-2009 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by ashgirl (Post 1576900)

i would get a full cai intake. also it depends on which exhaust you are getting. flowmaster are great sounding but are kinda bad performance wise bc they dont flow as good. if you want performance i would go with magnaflow and this is coming from a person who has flowmasters lol