DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Good Year Wrangler HP's..Worst tire ever? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/192400-good-year-wrangler-hps-worst-tire-ever.html)

Toefur 03-07-2009 03:31 PM

Good Year Wrangler HP's..Worst tire ever?

Im rocking Wranglers on my 1500. I got 2 new ones about 6 months ago. Recently the truck starts shaking on bouncing all over the place. I replace a bunch of stuff and today while Im giving the truck a bath....I notice that the outside edge of the my pass side front tire diameter is a wider than the inside....one of the steel belts in the tire let go....Ive got maybe...10,000 miles on it. Ive been looking at the Wrangler reviews and the majority of users are not happy with them. So...f'it. Im gonna get 4 new tires but Im looking for the widest I can get on the factory 20's with a fairly aggressive tread....any suggestions?

HammerZ71 03-07-2009 03:53 PM

In the 80's I swore by Wrangler Radials. But I started having issues. Flats off road, cupping issues, belts coming out the side. Made the switch to Mickey Thompson's in the mid '90s. Ain't done nuthin' but MT's and Cepek's since, and probably won't switch from those, ever...

RodeoRamCowgirl 03-07-2009 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by HammerZ71 (Post 1577638)
In the 80's I swore by Wrangler Radials. But I started having issues. Flats off road, cupping issues, belts coming out the side. Made the switch to Mickey Thompson's in the mid '90s. Ain't done nuthin' but MT's and Cepek's since, and probably won't switch from those, ever...

+1 - I see a lot of it at work - things go wrong with the wranglers - I have refrained from posting my 2 cents in certian threads before when someone has said they were thinking about putting them on... I thought that it was the worse drop in IQ points personally...

HammerZ71 03-07-2009 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by RodeoRamCowgirl (Post 1577655)
+1 - I see a lot of it at work - things go wrong with the wranglers - I have refrained from posting my 2 cents in certian threads before when someone has said they were thinking about putting them on... I thought that it was the worse drop in IQ points personally...

Well anybody been a member on DF for more than about 24 hours knows I DON'T refrain from putting in my 2 cents, EVER!!!:D

RodeoRamCowgirl 03-07-2009 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by HammerZ71 (Post 1577661)
Well anybody been a member on DF for more than about 24 hours knows I DON'T refrain from putting in my 2 cents, EVER!!!:D

yeah and usually the same with me, but see I remember that Ban Hammer I gave you... and you and I both know if I had, you would be using it on me... so Im gonna stay a nice lil cow-chick & right hand girl here and keep my yap shut :D:D:D:D

V_Scapes 03-07-2009 04:54 PM

I had a belt let go in one of my hp's as few weeks ago. tires had 40k on em. check out the cooper zeons if you want an aggressive tread and a nice ride over the road.

blakeroberts88 03-07-2009 05:14 PM

I have Goodyear Wrangler SR-As and I'm not a fan of them.

raminator08 03-07-2009 05:17 PM

i think anyone who has the stock wranglers on their 20s hate em

ramhunter9 03-07-2009 05:19 PM

im not a fan of any tire that dont have huge tread blocks ... i want to hear them "bark" not "cherp" when i get on them

Sobomaster 03-07-2009 05:58 PM

I hated my HP's on my '07 and I hate them now on my '09. I've heard lots of good things about the Cooper Zeons and the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I think they both look good. You can get the Cooper Zeons in the stock size or the Terras in a 305/55/20. I wouldn't go wider than that. I had 305/50/20s on my '05 and I loved the extra width.