3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stereo Receiver Installation Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 08:50 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chambers
The yellow wire should splice into the harness which will be plugged in and hooked up so you should be good there. The blue wire is typically your signal wire for amps if you have them and almost everything else should match up. I'm not sure about red and orange wires off the interface though, but all of the wires off the harness have what they are written on them so you should be able to read and/or match by color.
ok good. so i dont have to worry about extending any wires and tapping into any other sources i just match the wirings from the interface into the stereo's wiring harness and i should be good. i should also leave any excess color wires alone

Old 03-15-2009, 09:02 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I understand yes, crutchfield has some kind of confusing info here on this wiring harness http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120SVI6...=detailed_info
Do you have the mounting kit seen here http://www.crutchfield.com/g_112200/...s.html?tp=3121
I read through some of the reviews for the wiring harness looks like yours without the pretty case (same wire colors and all), if you wire it all up and it doesn't work read the reviews and see if they give you any insight.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:04 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by chambers
From what I understand yes, crutchfield has some kind of confusing info here on this wiring harness http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120SVI6...=detailed_info
Do you have the mounting kit seen here http://www.crutchfield.com/g_112200/...s.html?tp=3121
I read through some of the reviews for the wiring harness looks like yours without the pretty case (same wire colors and all), if you wire it all up and it doesn't work read the reviews and see if they give you any insight.
yup, i have everything that Crutchfield said for an 08 ram with 4 speakers

Old 03-15-2009, 09:07 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wire it up and test it out, let me know how it all sounds.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Ben D.
Champion

second plug is more than likely the plug in for the factory sirius radio box located behind the glovebox.... just hook it up wire to wire and don't hook up the illumination wires, orange and orange/white. they won't work since the illumination is computer controlled which can be determined because if you see where the orange and orange and white plug into the harness you bought there are no wires in the corresponding pins in the trucks harness.... you can use butt connectors but i'd rather solder.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:44 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Ben D.
second plug is more than likely the plug in for the factory sirius radio box located behind the glovebox.... just hook it up wire to wire and don't hook up the illumination wires, orange and orange/white. they won't work since the illumination is computer controlled which can be determined because if you see where the orange and orange and white plug into the harness you bought there are no wires in the corresponding pins in the trucks harness.... you can use butt connectors but i'd rather solder.
alright, that clears everthing up. thanks
just match wires with same colors on interface and stereo harness.

Quick Reply: Stereo Receiver Installation Help!!!