3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I really hate mustangs...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 02:13 PM
fourseven
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ford Mustangs are sports cars like Chevy Cobalts are drag racers or our Rams are fuel efficient.

Does not compute. Not now, not ever.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:09 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
alright compare the camaro ss which is the top of the line to the top of the line mustang. the gt500.
ss-426hp 0-60 4.9 sec
gt500-540hp, couldnt find the 60 time but its def. going to be quicker
this comes straight from the review. If you want to know which is the quickest of this new breed of American muscle–it's the Camaro SS. That is, until the more expensive 540 hp Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 arrives later this year.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/4309423.html

ill take the mustang...
GM could blow the competition out of the water in an instant. Right now with the bailout, they obviously aren't going to throw the biggest engine in their car, as they need to focus on things like the Chevy Volt to get some support for Congress. GM has the greatest production big block V8. Drop that thing in the Camaro, and your GT500 would drop it's badges in place out of fear.

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
Mustang can't keep up? They're geared towards two different purposes. That's like saying the Honda civic can't keep up with a Lancer Evo off road. The mustang is a 5 seater daily driver where the corvette is a 2 seater weekend driver. gm makes junk anyway. Ford doesn't have an answer to it? Have you ever heard of a Ford GT? The 11th fastest production car in the world.

Have you ever seen a Ford GT? No, mostly because they are the only car that I've seen uglier than the Mustang, and because they are designed to be a foreign competitor. I don't just talk without research, look them up, they are mostly for the foreign cars.
And, thank you for reading my posts completely. Obviously now the Corvettes aren't the competition of the Mustangs, and they weren't originally geared as their competition, as the 'Vette was out first.

Those aren't factory. They're just modified through a license agreement with Shelby. If we are going to talk about not factory, just bring in the Hennessey Viper.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ctionReq=Where
Also, do you know that one of the fastest cars to have been made was the Camaro, but it was never made? A 2 second 0-60, much faster than you need for a production car.
Also, got a question for you guys saying that GM sucks. Why is the Viper being canned, but the Corvette is staying on the road? The Corvette is faster for cheaper. The Viper did pass them up a little bit the last year, but the Corvette is going to pass it back up, and then drive all over the grave of the deceased Viper. So obviously GM is doing something right if the Corvette can still make some sales.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, you sound so GM biased right now.

The Viper has been faster than the Vette for every year except the 05-08 model years. The current Viper SRT-10 ACR is faster than the Corvette Z06... and proved it at the Ring.

The Corvette is boring... I want style, I want raw power... I'd rather drive a Viper any day.

That all said. The new Mustang is beautiful...

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 05-08-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ried69
Also, do you know that one of the fastest cars to have been made was the Camaro, but it was never made? A 2 second 0-60, much faster than you need for a production car.
Also, got a question for you guys saying that GM sucks. Why is the Viper being canned, but the Corvette is staying on the road? The Corvette is faster for cheaper. The Viper did pass them up a little bit the last year, but the Corvette is going to pass it back up, and then drive all over the grave of the deceased Viper. So obviously GM is doing something right if the Corvette can still make some sales.

Show me this camaro.

First, you don't go $380,000,000,000+ in debt by not sucking. Second, you don't cut 30,000+ jobs by not sucking. Third, you don't close 9+ plants by not sucking. Gm is so close to complete failure because they built nothing but junk late 80s through early 00s. This led to the discouragement of a large amount of consumers, Which in turn led to mass loss in profit.

You think the success or failure of one car defines a company? Please show me a legitimate article that says the viper is done. There has been nothing announced from Chrysler that it will end. Although if it does, it wouldn't surprise me. I'll give you one word on why the Vette will stay on the road, "History"

Last edited by Got_Hemi44; 03-28-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Have you ever seen a Ford GT? No, mostly because they are the only car that I've seen uglier than the Mustang
And yet, wasn't it gm who designed the worlds ugliest car? The Pontiac Aztec.

Saying a Ford GT is ugly, is that your personal opinion speaking, or your bias?

Last edited by Got_Hemi44; 03-28-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:17 AM
SOUTHERN SMOKE

i love messing with mustangs, they ride my rear all the time, then i just pressed the instant smoke switch down with my right foot, bye bye road, look back and they have stopped cause the road is blacked out, its so funny.... most of the time they will get on my rear, then they see competition diesel on my tailgate or farm boys diesel on my rear window and they back out....

Old 03-28-2009, 12:33 AM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Midnight
Man, you sound so GM biased right now. Um, anything that ever hit the track, that was fast... whether or not it was production... is in this list: http://www.supercars.net/lists/topspeed.html

check that... stupid list won't load...

The Viper has been faster than the Vette for every year except the 05-08 model years. The current Viper SRT-10 ACR is faster than the Corvette Z06... and proved it at the Ring.

The Corvette is boring... I want style, I want raw power... I'd rather drive a Viper any day.

That all said. The new Mustang is beautiful...
I honestly couldn't tell you any of that. The car is put down somewhere, I know that, because I remember my brother telling me about it, and I remember him telling me about more so the engine the other night. And yes, I am biased to GM, I absolutely love Chevy. I have two Chevy rings that I made, and a Chevy Trucks license plate hanging above my bed. I was so close to having a Chevy, and one that was better than my truck, for only $1500 more than my truck cost me. I wish that I would've bought that truck, I'd be so much money ahead. First off, my truck gets sh*t fuel mileage. I just had a complete tuneup done on my truck, still getting less than 10 mpg. I don't get to have any fun in it, never step on the gas to haul some ***, always gotta keep light on that pedal because my fuel goes quick. So just the tuneup cost would've covered the difference of what I paid to get the Ram over the Chevy. Also the Chevy had less than 30,000 miles on it, my truck has over 80,000. One year older, and it smelled like new. That truck was babied all its life.
And you can take the Viper, I'd rather have the Corvette any day.

Show me this camaro.

First, you don't go $380,000,000,000+ in debt by not sucking. Second, you don't cut 30,000+ jobs by not sucking. Third, you don't close 9+ plants by not sucking. Gm is so close to complete failure because they built nothing but junk late 80s through early 00s. This led to the discouragement of a large amount of consumers, Which in turn led to mass loss in profit.

You think the success or failure of one car defines a company? Please show me a legitimate article that says the viper is done. There has been nothing announced from Chrysler that it will end. Although if it does, it wouldn't surprise me. I'll give you one word on why the Vette will stay on the road, "History"
I would love to show you the Camaro. Perhaps I'll ask my brother if he can find it again. He's the one who can find quite a bit on that stuff. I know it exists, as I said above, my brother just brought it up the other day. I'm not bull****ting you on this car. It was more so a concept to test the engine, nothing ever expected to come into production, just kinda a "what the hell" kinda thing I'm guessing.
But you know who is going to get saved if the government could only save one company? It would be GM. They are America's vehicle. The government uses many of them, the DOT uses many of them. At our work, we've got only one Ford, and the rest of our trucks are GMCs. Sweet looking trucks. Yes, the 'Vette will stay on the road from history, but not just that, it's a sweet car. They look so fine, and they have also had the sickest designs ever in the history of cars.

And yet, wasn't it gm who designed the worlds ugliest car? The Pontiac Aztec.

Saying a Ford GT is ugly, is that your personal opinion speaking, or your bias?
Saying the GT is ugly is my opinion, I honestly don't like the car. It is a rather ugly car. I know GM has made some ugly cars, but they've also got some very classy vehicles. After all, Chevy dresses up all of its vehicles with a bowtie.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

But you know who is going to get saved if the government could only save one company? It would be GM. They are America's vehicle.
It's a shame isn't it? A company screws themselves over and tax payers bail them out. It's like throwing money into a vending machine, you only get results until it runs out. As for being Americas vehicle, that ended in the 90s when they decided it was cool to move production out of the country.

After all, Chevy dresses up all of its vehicles with a bowtie.
Which might as well be the universal symbol for "Broken"

Old 03-28-2009, 03:43 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never heard of this Camaro. I've never seen it in the top speed lists, ever. Maybe it was an idea... Ideas aren't reality. If it existed ever as a test vehicle and it hit the track for a speed like that, they would have reported it and it would be on the top speed lists.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:03 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

It's a shame isn't it? A company screws themselves over and tax payers bail them out. It's like throwing money into a vending machine, you only get results until it runs out. As for being Americas vehicle, that ended in the 90s when they decided it was cool to move production out of the country.

Which might as well be the universal symbol for "Broken"
In life, you are going to get screwed over if you don't realize this. Everyone wants to make as much money as they can. You think that GM is the only company to ever outsource? You think that 100% of the employee's in every factory are all legal citizens of the country they are working in?
And no, the Bowtie is a universal symbol for class.

And Midnight, I'm working on finding that link. It was a 2000 Concept Camaro. 572 engine with 770 horsepower. 0-60 in 2.7 seconds. It's there, but the link that I found was a broken one to one of the original sites.
Ok, found the car. Wasn't an actual car from the factory, it was a Camaro with a stock GM engine, with a few mods done to it. Still runs 0-60 in 2.7 seconds.
http://www.supercars.net/cars/314.html
Still running the GM engine.

Last edited by ried69; 03-28-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Quick Reply: I really hate mustangs...