3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tinting/Vinyl tailights

Old 04-05-2009, 01:07 AM
donjohnk
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinting/Vinyl tailights

I have been posting about this in the black truck section and I wanted to ask the rest of you guys if you have used the vinyl tint material to change your taillights? If so how difficult was it.. from what I see so far looks like it may be a pain right in da ****. Also I wanted to get some pics of those that have done it if you got them... I know using regular tint is pretty hard to do on such bends like what our taillights are. But this stuff is wicked thick. thicker than most vinyl I have used and just wonder what tricks you guys might have for us that are trying this... Soapy water and heat are the only ways I know how to accomplish this kind of task.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also interested to hear any tips you guys might have. My new tails are coming this week and I bought some vinyl to tint them with but have never worked with vinyl before.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:43 AM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

Very easy to work with. I used soapy water and not alot because it will take a while to get out all the bubbles. It is harder to get the bubbles out because the vinyl is so thick too. I used a small squeege and wrapped felt around it to help not scratch the vinyl. Then a hair dryer to get the water out.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:06 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

same here thats what ive been told to do im ordering vinyl this weekend to do the deed...well see how it turns out all of will have done it and well show yall how it comes out....

Old 04-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Matt99
Champion

Yea I'd like a write up on that with pics...been wanting to do it but I figured these bubble lights would be hard. They have perforated vinyl that shows a little light through better, just an idea if you can find it

Old 04-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wellbi have off Tuesday - Monday so I am hoping to get mine done some time this week. I will take some pics of the process and the results.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:56 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Then they won't match your calipers any more Teach!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tinting/Vinyl tailights