3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Edge Updated ...WOW..not!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:16 PM
HemiCOP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge Updated ...WOW..not!

Ok so here's the story, when I first got my Edge Evolution, I was very impressed with its performance, So I thought...It seems as though after about a week of driving with the Extreme setting (35hp/70ft lb) and pounding the you know what out of my truck . my stats were as follows, track tested not the programmer !
0-60 5.8, used the programmer for this
60 ft 1.90
1/4 14.42 @ 96mph

So a couple of days went by and I noticed that the truck wasn't performing like it did.. So I went the track on Saturday and ran my truck with the following results

0-60 6.34 used the programmer for this!
60 ft 2.01
1/4 14.90@ 90mph

On the way home, I decided to do a 0-60 test and the best that I could musTURD <---key word) up was a 7 flat. I'm Thinking what the hell, So I put the stock program back and I got a 7.11 0-60. I went home and did a update and I was nowhere near my original test.

I called Edge and they said well I don't know what going on with your vehicle it must be the Truck ..it's not our programmer. I told them that my truck is almost as fast with the stock setting then there extreme. I told them that it seems as though the computer and the programmer are fighting and they lost.

JUST AN FYI,I noticed a statement in the manual that goes something like this..this programmer is intended for stock vehicles only, and that if you have a CAI or Cat back it will adversly effect the programer.

So to sum it up if you are looking for a programmer that monitors your temps and ect then this will do just fine.

I'm going back to my DSP....!

Has anyone else had a problem with there programmers?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:57 AM
dedogg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man that sucks. I havent had any problems with mine but I have only had it for a couple months (knock on wood). I havent heard any problems on this forum.

Quick Reply: Edge Updated ...WOW..not!