3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

begining to think chevy is americas best truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:05 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
have fun with that the new silverados are fugly...

Exactly why I didn't buy one.

Ram is the hottest truck on the market....IMO

Old 06-24-2009, 09:14 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
T
Ford has cut back costs everywhere on the Powerstroke. The latest "bright move" has been the decision to cut the amount of head bolts (yes the bolts used to keep the head cover on the motor) from eight to four (WTF, this musta cut cost by about $4 on a $50k truck!) This has resulted in everything from gasket issues to blown heads. It has prompted Ford to release a statement to dealers that place the approved HP limit right at factory (stock) specs, meaning if you put something as simple as a cat back exhaust on, and it improves output by 1 HP or 1 FT/LB of Torque, you are not covered if the engine fails.
Hey Hammer, i think this has something to do with Ford trying to control Diesel abusers for warranty claims. You know those pucks and power programmers can juice those diesels up 250hp and 300ft/lbs. They lost 4 headbolts because if you juice the power up then you will have troubles and they would be able to prove it and deny you.
That's my guess??? Stupid anyways since Diesels are high compression and only 4 bolts. ..idiots.
I just have a hard time believing it was a cost cutting measure????

Old 06-24-2009, 12:59 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chevy trucks are complete trash. i got to take a handful of them through the 1500 shootout at the ford proving grounds and the chevy and toyota were light years behind the new f150 and ram 1500.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:27 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
hey Jay, wanna trade?
Sure!

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
why does it always have to come down to this every ****in time....oh i dont have anything smartass to say so lets make fun of this guys spelling. thanks, dont you think it gets old hearing "book smart" people like you pointg this out every freekin post?????
This is the first time I said anything and I was joking. I use firefox and it has a built in spellcheck to it. Makes life real easy unless I am drunk.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:05 PM
gmb4fords
Veteran

speaking of high milage trucks i also have a truck i use on the farm to pull bails,horses, tractors and other such things around. its a 1500 chevy with a lil ol 350 and have right at 330,000 miles and the motor has had a water pump on it and the a/c is gone. other than that the tranny has been replaced. and that truck has been beat on, and not babied. i havent had any other luck like that with any vehicle. just throwin that out there. side not it doesnt have 3.92s like my dodge lol so i mean yea it is made for towing but just throwin that milage out there.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

I think all in all as with anything that's mass produced your gonna get good ones and bad ones,truth be told most modern pickup trucks are all pretty nice vehicles intended for a wide range of duties. The trick is buying one at a good price,taking care of it and liking how it looks and performs whatever task you intend to do with it. Our local power company has a fleet of S-10 pickups with 3 or 4 of them having over 500,000 miles on them,I'm sure there are people out there with trucks that were built on the same assembly line as those trucks that had problems left and right out of thier trucks and now they own a dodge or ford or import as a result of a bad expierience. It's about 50% luck and the rest is up to you.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:31 PM
gmb4fords
Veteran

AMEN lol...

Old 06-24-2009, 09:05 PM
TheFist
Veteran

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
damm out of all these responses the only one that gets the post is hammer ..thanks bro

this was not a thread saying im going to chevy "bullet, teach ect..." it was just a thread statin im tired of seeing chevy crap all over and more or less wanted to no why???

and i will tell you this....i looked at chevys dodges and fords. my next rig will be a ford f 250 superduty nothing against the ram i have owned plenty but they just cant handle a big payloade .
Just make sure you stick with the V10, I went down that road with an F350 6.0. The truck was a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!! But the 3-4 k in repairs every two months was not cool at all.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Animal Mother
Captain

I love the way hardly anyone gives a **** about ramhunters topic and are more interested in RaiderJay's truck. bahaha

Old 06-24-2009, 09:53 PM
bigmiah22
Veteran

I used to love driving my boss's 2500 Silverado, then i bought my ram and i realized how ****ty of a ride his truck is. I will never purchase any truck other than a Dodge

Quick Reply: begining to think chevy is americas best truck