3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dodge daytona

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Bertens
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya daytonas and rumble bees are 4x4. The only difference are the body kits and I think the come with a tuned exhaust.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:36 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you mean they made more daytonas with 4x4 then just mine?

I actually like the wings. it makes them stand out from all the other rams. to each his own..

Old 06-27-2009, 05:00 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah i like daytona and rumblebees i always wanted one , but decided to work on my 2nd gen

Old 06-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Bertens
Ya daytonas and rumble bees are 4x4. The only difference are the body kits and I think the come with a tuned exhaust.
Daytona: lower body cladding, 20" chrome wheels, SRT-10 hood, Borla dual exhaust, serialized number plate, rear spoiler, angled bed stripe

Rumblebee: lower body cladding, 20" wheels, a hood scoop, specially-trimmed interior including a serialized number plate, bed stripe

They'd be a lot cooler if they actually had mentionable performance mods. All Dodge did was throw on some cosmetic items, a number plate, and jacked the price up.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:57 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
Daytona: lower body cladding, 20" chrome wheels, SRT-10 hood, Borla dual exhaust, serialized number plate, rear spoiler, angled bed stripe

Rumblebee: lower body cladding, 20" wheels, a hood scoop, specially-trimmed interior including a serialized number plate, bed stripe

They'd be a lot cooler if they actually had mentionable performance mods. All Dodge did was throw on some cosmetic items, a number plate, and jacked the price up.

That's ridiculous.. hat's more ridiculous is making a 4x4 a Rumble Bee or a Daytona. 4x4 with a wing from the factory??? Daytona version is meant to be on the track so it should have been available in 2wd only! That's just my opinion. I mean if they had a Ram Air feature on either one, that's a notable perf. mod. Or a 6.1L stuffed under the hood. i actually though that's what the Rumble bee package was.. Silly me!

Old 06-28-2009, 04:25 PM
shoedork
Professional

i wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish my Daytona had a 6.1!!!! its just an appearance package, the srt hood is wut made it worth it tho..... the wing grows on you. Oh and yea it 4X4, i have seen a few with the AWD option which i think fits the trucks theme better.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Yep the Daytona is mostly a visual package. Only performace is the borla exhaust and 3.92 gears. They made Daytonas in just about all styles. Mines a QC 4x4 with a factory tow package. I like the wing as well, it grows on you. A lot of modding people do is to make your truck stand out, well as the only one around where I live it stands out. Now that being said I wouldn't have paid the close to $50,000 Canadian sticker price to buy it new since it doesn't have any real performance mods. That's a lot of money to have some guy in a stock truck stick with you or even out run you performance wise.

Yep dog if you were to roll up to me on at a set of lights, I'd be fair game. Performance wise the Daytona is pretty much stock.

Oh and by the way, nice lookin 2nd gen you got there lastrights.

Last edited by Ramdamit98; 06-28-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:15 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thank you !!

Old 06-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Here's how they both came

Rumble Bee: Regular cab, black with yellow trim or yellow with black trim.

Daytona: Regular or Quad-Cab, they were available in silver or go mango.

Now Dodge did release the "Hemi Sport" 04-06 (i think). It was a quad cab version of the Rumble Bee available in 2wd or 4wd. They came in red, silver, and black

Quick Reply: dodge daytona