3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I need new headlamps for my 02 Ram, which ones??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 12:28 AM
HoustonDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need new headlamps for my 02 Ram, which ones??

OK I am sure this has been addressed numerous times but I am not having too good of luck with the search feature. Anyway, my trucks' headlamps are fading out fast and I just need to buy 2 whole new headlamp assemblies. The original ones are clouding over really bad and I am not going to buff them out, just buy new ones for it. Now I would like OEM but they are high dollar as I have called a few places. If there are other designs that look badass and arent quiet as high I will go with those. What seems to be a great aftermarket headlamp assembly? A link and/or photos of them on your trucks would be great! Thanks for the help!

Old 07-20-2009, 12:30 AM
bigmiah22
Veteran

ebay is probably your best bet whether you go aftermarket or stock. just search 02 ram headlights and you'll get a bunch of results.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM
HoustonDodge

I went with these lights here:

http://www.discountcarlights.com/cat...607+10104+9217

The first one on the page but for both sides. Ijust wanted some OEM replacements no euro aftermarket. I hope they are good! They are WAY cheaper than what a dealer quoted and Oreilly as well. We shall see! Oh yeah, I have no tools at home, how much can I expect to pay to have them installed? Heres a pic:

Old 07-20-2009, 05:15 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u just need a 10mm socket wrench to take them out. there are three of them and a tap you just push out

Old 07-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
u just need a 10mm socket wrench to take them out. there are three of them and a tap you just push out
Don't listen to this guy. He can't even match all 6 of his lights the same color.

Jp jp. Good luck bro, it's not too difficult I guarantee you can figure it out. I wouldn't pay anyone to install them, though. If you lived near here Silver would prob come do it for free.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:35 PM
HoustonDodge

Any Houstonians here wanna help me out? Ill come to you or meet you somewhere and pay you 20 bucks or give you a 12 pack, like I said I have 0 tools. Ill even give you the old lamps for whatever, you never know. They work just fine just a little clouded over.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:37 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ice-Forever
Don't listen to this guy. He can't even match all 6 of his lights the same color.

Jp jp. Good luck bro, it's not too difficult I guarantee you can figure it out. I wouldn't pay anyone to install them, though. If you lived near here Silver would prob come do it for free.
hey im working on it haha

Old 07-20-2009, 07:00 PM
4.7guy

$160!!!! There's a Certifit in Houston they're like $80 a piece there (page 75 of their online catalog) and most likely in stock. Replacing them is a cinch bud borrow a 10mm socket or like a T25 (?) driver and ur done in 10 minutes. Also, don't touch the actual bulb part of the Halogen lamps the oils from your fingers can cause the bulb to blow when they are turned on.

www.certifit.com

p.s. - if anyone does buy parts from certifit just be smart about which ones, the 'chrome' grille shells are known to wrinkle because of the way they are built with the shiny foil being adhered to the plastic shell unlike the orig. factory shell being of a more superior quality (the chrome color is painted or embedded into the plastic I think). As far as headlights go I haven't had any issues with mine and they're a few years old now and living in phoenix can be tough on all things plastic.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:22 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Man Ive seen SO many OEM headlights on CL its not even funny. Im about to sell mine here soon and I just finished the custom Halos in them. I got projectors to play with now.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:01 PM
HoustonDodge

OK I got the new lamps in and borrowed a 10mm socket and extension and replaced the old ones with the new. Took about 20 minutes but its not an exact fit. Aftermarket crap, oh well, they work and are in and I dont really care, truck is gettin old anyway and is not perfect anymore, but they are in at least!

Quick Reply: I need new headlamps for my 02 Ram, which ones??