3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone else have trouble getting Flashpaq to work first time?

Old 02-01-2010, 05:59 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else have trouble getting Flashpaq to work first time?

Opened my flashpaq and plugged it into the computer first to get the updates. No problems, very easy. Even added on the advanced data aquisition stuff. Plugged it in my truck and it went to work saving 2 stock files. But after that, it says failed to upload, try again or call SuperChips and give them code T-42. Tried it 3 times with everything in the truck turned completely off. Failed all 3 times with same error. So I called SC and they said it is failing because my truck has been modified from stock, or so that's what the code means. Well, I bought my truck brand new off the lot and I don't think it's ever even been back in the dealer's shop for service as I get all my maint. done elsewhere or I do it myself.

Explained it to the guy. He was super nice and said he would have an engineer see about writing a fix for it and took my number. Haven't heard back yet. But wondering if anyone else experienced this the first time you tried to use it?

Old 02-01-2010, 07:19 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

I'm not sure about your problem, but I hate getting new electronics and them not working easily right out of the box.

So....bump

Old 02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

They told me that too the first time I set my truck back to stock and tried it on my Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 HO just to try it out. I even emailed SC to verify that the 02 HO was supported and was emailed back, "no problem".

Said the HO was not stock, same error. Contacted SC again and was told it was not stock. BS, my buddy who is the service mgr at my local dealership even confirmed it was a Chrysler factory tune via StarScan. SC of course, disputed it.
So I just put it back on my truck and forgot about it. About 4 months later, I noticed a thread on the SC forum about 4.7 HO support and one of the programmers answered it by saying that they never realized there WAS an HO variation and were working on the tune then.
I retried it a month or so after that with an update and it worked fine, although sans many features it has on my Hemi truck.

I bet you got a serial # PCM that is not in there database or something. Bi*ch up the chain of command or PM Scott@Superchips and tell him you are the original owner and they are full of donkey doo-doo telling you that you have an aftermarket tune.

He will get on it...

Old 02-01-2010, 07:45 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

I pm'd Scott. Waiting to get his feedback. Hope I don't have to deal with returning this thing to the company I bought it from. Tech support got my cell and promised to get back to me with a fix but gave me no timeframe (I should have asked). I guess I sort of assumed I would hear something back today. But I haven't...

I'm racking my brain trying to remember if I ever took this truck back to the dealer for any work and I don't believe I did. The only thing that's ever really ever been done, other than general maint like oil changes, tire rotation, etc. is the front brake pads and the EGR valve. And I know who did those, and it wasn't the dealer.

The biggest potential pain for me is that the local dealer here is no more. So, if I have to take it to a dealer to get a stock flash before I can use the FP, it'll probably cost me and I'll have to drive an hour or more to get to a dealer. Maybe the boys at SC will be able to fix me up.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you posted this over on the flashpaq forum?

Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

I have now, yes.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a good place to put it bc Ron is on there a lot and I have found him to be very helpful to me and others in the past.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:59 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call them, they'll hook you up. i never had any luck with the forums but once i called them they got the ball rolling. my tuner had a glitch which confused the computer and the truck wouldnt start! superchips wrote a fix and i had it running the next day. very good tech support IMO (via phone that is)

Old 02-01-2010, 09:05 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

I'm sure I haven't given them enough time. I did call them around lunchtime today. I should have asked for an ETA but I didn't and assumed I would hear back today. However, that wasn't really the point of my post. Just wanted to know how common this was.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

PM me your tuner SN and I will personally look into this for you and see if I can speed things up.

Scott

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else have trouble getting Flashpaq to work first time?