3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Spyder headlights/cargo light…ext

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 05:23 PM
Hjlancas86
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spyder headlights/cargo light…ext

Im in the middle of installing Spyder tail lights, replacing the cargo light, headlights and fog lights. I got the taillights done no problem, i get to the cargo light and take the stock one off and there of course is the simple plug that I expect to be behind there for all the lights. I look on the new Cargo light and it has an addition couple wires hanging out of the center led section that has no connection anywhere. I will post pics here in a minute to show you but I am confused on how to connect this together without cutting wires. The only reason I haven't cut wires yet to connect is because the wires that are coming off the new cargo light vs the stock one are different colors. Pictures will be added in a minute. If anyone has any info on how to install this please let me know. Here is the kit I got.

Attached Thumbnails -spyder-lights.jpg   -cargo-light.jpg   -cargo-light1.jpg   -cargo-light2.jpg   -cargo-light3.jpg  

Last edited by Hjlancas86; 04-08-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:33 AM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

The center light on the new unit is an array of LEDs. Take the bulb out of the middle plug, and take that extra wire loom and plug it into the factory middle bulb slot as if it were a bulb.

The circuit doesn't provide for polarity detection. If the center light doesn't illuminate when you press the brake, pull the unit out and reverse the center plug.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Hjlancas86
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prismatic
The center light on the new unit is an array of LEDs. Take the bulb out of the middle plug, and take that extra wire loom and plug it into the factory middle bulb slot as if it were a bulb.

The circuit doesn't provide for polarity detection. If the center light doesn't illuminate when you press the brake, pull the unit out and reverse the center plug.
thanks, I went out there after posting this and figured it had to be that so i took the light out and couldn't plug it is right away, the 2 metal pieces going around each side had to be slightly pressed down to be able to fit but it works. Got the headlights in this morning pretty easily and now the fog lights next.

Quick Reply: Spyder headlights/cargo light…ext