3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlight help please!

Old 09-23-2009, 05:56 PM
A-10 KChawg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight help please!

I've got a 2002 1500. I bought it used and the right (passenger) headlight assembly (both hi/low and turn) stopped working. "lamp out" light is illiminated. I replaced the bulbs and still didn't work. I switched it to the drivers side and it works. The lights appeared to be "rigged" when I took them out (wiring was spliced and not stock) / and said MADE IN TAIWAIN. I've read alot about HID lights etc. Keep in mind, this is my first Ram so I don't know much.
So I took it to the dealer and made an appointment. He said they are definately aftermarket lights. He is going to check the wiring etc. HE said it could be the fuse module? or something along those terms. I'm trying to trouble shoot this before the dealer $$$$$$$$$$! ANyone have any ideas. Dealer said module could cost $800.00!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Old 09-23-2009, 06:12 PM
A-10 KChawg

Oh yeah, and I also checked all the fuses and they are fine.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:03 PM
xshellshock

so they're HID's? sounds like a blown ballast if the bulbs working.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 PM
A-10 KChawg

Originally Posted by xshellshock
so they're HID's? sounds like a blown ballast if the bulbs working.

Where is the ballast located? Is it upstrem from the light? I have no clue what HIDs are. I just transferred from Jeep forums. Wranglers are all i've owned...ever. I also replaced the other bulbs with standard bulbs from autozone and still didn't work. Would a blown ballast keep the standard bulbs from working if this ballast you speak of is upstream.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlight help please!