3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2004 Dodge Ram Driver Door Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 03:39 AM
djhector
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Dodge Ram Driver Door Actuator

Hi all.....Has anyone ever encountered a defective/broken actuator on the driver door of a 2004 Ram? My remote will not unlock my driver door & neither will my key, however, my remote does unlock the other 3 doors & I can open the driver door from the inside. Problem is, the locking pin comes back down in the locked position as soon as my door lever comes down. Does anyone have any idea on how I can repair this myself without spending an arm/leg at the dealership? Thank you for your time!!

Old 10-13-2009, 08:11 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine in my 04 on my drivers side went out. Like you it wouldnt respond with the switch or fob. I ended up having to replace it. The assembly houses the dome light swich, door ajar and locking actuator. You can do it yourself as it is easy. Just take the door skin off, disconnect your switches (make sure your window is up), take out the torx screws on the side of the door for the window track(t) and disconnect the wiring harness from the latch assembly and rods. Its thats easy. I did mine in about an hour but small hands help. Im 190 and my hands were tight in some angles.

[EDIT]

I added a PDF with part numbers for you to help you find the one you need.

Last edited by weedahoe; 10-20-2009 at 07:59 PM.

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge Ram Driver Door Actuator