3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need some advice guys...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:47 PM
cajun ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a hemi with 20s on 41s and 14in of lift. 456 gears, intake, bullydog programmer, and an edge programmer. i do use the 4wd alot and go through alot of stuff that i probably shouldnt be trying. i mean i really use it and have yet to break anything..i dont have much of a problem taking off or stopping so i think you will be just fine with the 488 gears. i will reccomend a good brake pad like ebc's or something compareable..

Old 11-07-2009, 10:03 PM
xill
Captain

thanks for the heads up on what to expect. if you're spinning 41s with 4.56s then i doubt i'll have much problem at all with the 4.88s (once i go through the hassle of breakin them in of course). my wheels/tires probably weigh about as much as yours, smaller tires but larger wheels. as for the brakes i will definately be upgrading to ebc pads and slotted rotors. i love the way my truck is starting to take shape and getting closer to what i want, but the acceleration and braking are the only things that have had me concerned since i dont know what to expect.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by jusjay727
looking sick thats one big boi.....im glad to hear they arent cheaping out on you and theyre taking care of shiz the right way....ill bet your as antsy as a 2 yr old tryin not to **** himself........you better have a big rig tow truck come an tow that thing.....an you can use a 5gal bucket to change to oil now......
u kiddin me? i already pissed myself like 3 times today lol

Old 11-07-2009, 11:24 PM
RawRam2006
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, your truck is.........SICK!!!! I generally don't like "lifted trucks", but yours looks friggin awesome to me! LOL.

Are those 24's? Those shoes look huge on there. I was thinking of putting 24's on my truck, but I didn't know whether a "40" would fit under the wells? I didn't wanna get 24's and not have a decent amount of tire between the wheel and the ground. Not into "low pro's", don't wanna have to "scouer" the roadway for any "pot holes" to bend my rim. I do that anyway, but in the even that I miss one, I would like a lil insurance for my wheels. LOL.

I can't wait to see it when you bring it home monday, I want some video from inside the cab when your driving it home! LOL. I gotta see the view from your perspective. LOL. It's gotta feel lil "god like" right? LOL.

Looks awesome bro!

Old 11-07-2009, 11:37 PM
xill
Captain

thanks man! to answer ur question no, 24s wont fit into the wheel wells without either low-pro tires or a lift. if you want the MT tires your only options are 37x13.5 toyos (not enough rubber IMO) or the 38x14 kumhos that i have. if you want a street tire then check out weedahoe's ride. he's got 24s with street tires and i think like a 4" lift? the big difference that determines the amount of lift you need is the offset of the wheels you choose. the more your wheels stick out the higher you gotta lift so the tires clear on turn without grabbing your front bumper and ripping it to the ground. but i'll be real honest 24s in our bolt pattern with a negative offset are getting very hard to come by. i had to have mine custom drilled and chromed because black blanks were all that was available and there was only 2 sets left at the factory a month or so ago after i got mine. KMC (wheel pros) has stopped producing alot of their wheels especially in the 5x5.5 patterns we use

Old 11-08-2009, 03:52 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

what are you saying we should all pizz our selves to so its not embarrassing to everyone.....sorry a lil billy madison humor.....but then again when i see finished ones i just might.....

Old 11-08-2009, 05:52 PM
RawRam2006
Veteran

Yeah, that's why I was just planning on sticking with either the 07-08 "Chrome Clad" wheels, or the SRT-10 22's. Just depends on what I find and how expensive they're gonna be. I'm not gonna be able to go as big as you are, I'm lowering the truck, not raising it. LOL. Your truck looks amazing though. Like I said, I generally don't like lifted trucks, but I think yours is done right. Nice job!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:46 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cajun ram
i have a hemi with 20s on 41s and 14in of lift. 456 gears, intake, bullydog programmer, and an edge programmer. i do use the 4wd alot and go through alot of stuff that i probably shouldnt be trying. i mean i really use it and have yet to break anything..i dont have much of a problem taking off or stopping so i think you will be just fine with the 488 gears. i will reccomend a good brake pad like ebc's or something compareable..
OT but we need pics of that beast too.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:02 AM
JohnnysArt
All Star

I want to see more pic's and maybe some video. Your truck looks BADAZZZZZZZ!!!!!I love it.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:06 AM
xill
Captain

should be picking it up tomorrow morning, believe me ill have a ton of photos for you guys soon as i get it in my driveway and clean it up

Quick Reply: need some advice guys...