3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need some advice guys...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 01:37 AM
JohnnysArt
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I told my fiancé amber a few weeks ago I want to lift my truck in the future to accomidate 37 tires and she"s ok with it.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:52 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is one "big boi" for sure that thing is sick xill.....the pics are well worth waiting for .... gotta be my fav lifted truck now.... i think you need some tinted tails on there now.....

Old 11-11-2009, 09:32 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks awesome man, how tall are you? I was just wondering to get a reference with that picture of you next to the truck at the gas station.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:28 AM
cjs4444
All Star

Sweet Man, great to finally see it...

Old 11-11-2009, 02:05 PM
xill
Captain

thanks guys. i was gonna take a lot more pics and post a new thread with all the details today but it kinda seems redundant now. i think everyone has already seen it at this point, so no sense in posting again. oefootball: i'm 5'10". i havent taken any measurements of the truck yet but i'd guess the roof sits maybe 7' from the ground?

Old 11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by JohnnysArt
I told my fiancé amber a few weeks ago I want to lift my truck in the future to accomidate 37 tires and she"s ok with it.
go for it! you'll LOVE it! it's kinda funny but when you lift your truck the whole thing seems bigger. there's an illusion going on that just makes the body and everything seem like it grew. hope you have a 2wd though if you want 37s. i hear the 4x4 boys can't go above 35s without causing problems with their CV axles. they're also limited to 4.56 gears. but they do have 4-wheel traction so it's a trade off

Old 11-11-2009, 04:25 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

I guess we are lucky we have woman that understand us guys have the need to mod our trucks.
Actually my truck is 4x4 so I'll probably have to beef up everything. and currently I only have one truck and I take my folks to do the shopping and etc. so thats why I'm not looking to lift it yet untill I get another truck I can keep stock height.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:21 PM
xill
Captain

my wife's only complaint was that i was spending more $$ on my toy than hers. so now she's shopping for an excursion. long as i keep it equal with her she's happy. so my advice to the guys that have to listen to a bunch of crap when they want to spend money on their trucks, buy or promise her something nice. if you spend $3k on wheels tires and a lift, get her a tennis bracelet and tell her how hot she looks sittin in your newly modded truck. after that she'll love it when you mod your truck and probably help you with it too. and if you really wanna push it, get her to wash your truck in a white tee and some short shorts while u take pics (when your neighbors aren't home lol). that way you get a free wash and a peep show

Old 11-11-2009, 05:22 PM
PDeezy

Damn that's atrocious.

Ya I definitely wouldn't be caught driving in that POS.

You should let me take it off your hands for you. I mean, I live in Texas, but I'm willing to fly out there and drive it away for you.

Just a thought.

Haha that's one of the sickest trucks I've ever seen man. Major Props. It looks like something somebody drew in History Class as a hope and dream, Lol. Bad ***, bro.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:27 PM
xill
Captain

hahahaha thanks PDeezy. i remember drawing those "dream trucks" back in grade school too. used to order all the free catalogs and magazines and draw'em out with complete details of what i would do to them, how much each piece cost and where i would buy them from. i was a bored kid......

Quick Reply: need some advice guys...