3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Knowledge with drop kits necessary.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 10:59 PM
RawRam2006
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Knowledge with drop kits necessary.

As many of you may know, I was planning on dropping my truck tomorrow morning. I, however have come up short on funding for the all important alignment. So, my question is, how long would it be possible to drive my truck without the alignment. It is your standard 2/4.5 drop kit. I'm just replacing the front springs and shocks. If I can't drive without the alignment I'm going to have to wait another week and a half. I, also have another thing holding me up. I, as required by "workers comp" have to comply with their terms and conditions, and complete a 10 day rehabilitation course. It's monday through friday 8-5. So that kinda puts a crimp in scheduling somebody to do the alignment. I don't have the time to do it. I will, next payday be able to afford the alignment, but won't have the time. LOL. So, I'm only driving about 20 minutes, one way, to the rehab place for the next 7 days. So, how much damage would I cause by driving without the alignment? I got several guys that are wanting to help and have the knowledge to do it, but if I can't drive on it, then they aren't much use to me anyways. LOL. Lemme know fellas, as I know you will. Thanks in advance for all your help.

P.S. this server issue needs to get resolved, it's now been two days of this slow crap. Please, powers that be, FIX IT!

Old 11-14-2009, 12:33 AM
05RamMan
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a tech college around? I know I can goto my local com. college and the instructors there will let me use the alignment rack. Or I can pay $15 and get the students to do it for me.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:34 AM
RawRam2006
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm, I'll have to check into that. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Knowledge with drop kits necessary.