3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The time is finally here!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 04:43 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The time is finally here!!

Now I can "stop talking bout it, and start being bout it", lol.

I got my HID kits in today. Super fast shipping from HIDextra. I want them things in there NOW! Wheres a good write-up/video I can go by? I did a quick search to no avail. I know its a plug n play system, but nothing is ever easy for me......

About how long should this install take? Im just doing the heads tonight, my foglight kit hasnt come in yet. I can do that later, right? Thanks for ya'lls help....

Old 12-09-2009, 04:59 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

took me 15 mins for fogs and 30 for heads

Old 12-09-2009, 05:38 PM
aidenhardcore
Captain

Should not take long if your know what your doing like me But I had a small problem. Make sure hid extra gave you a relay kit not a cancler kit. All 06 to 08 rams need a relay kit. I learned the hard way lol. So there is a lot of wiring to do. you have to connect pos and nev to battery and then to the two ballist and and only 1 factory connection is required. mine work fine now i have an 07 but once in a while they do flcker for like a second but thats it. I have an 8000k hids in heads and there so bright. make sure you ajust the headlight so you dont blind anyone. Then you good to go.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:48 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

Well, Im not sure the difference between the relay kit or the other, but I didnt get something right. I hook the driver side up, works fine. Passenger side, works fine. Fire the truck up, back it out, turn on the lights, I have strobes instead for about 10sec, then nothing. Had to drive home with the brights on.

On their "directions", they said to switch the polarities if flickering occurs, so Im gonna go try that now. I hope its an easy fix, and I don't have to do all this re-shipping and ****. Common sense should say that when I say "2007 Dodge Ram", I need the "2007 Dodge Ram kit".

Im not ranting yet, lemme see if this works........ Any other ideas?

Quick Reply: The time is finally here!!