3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Difference between Chrome & Polished.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:56 AM
BarryClarkJr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I have Chrome or Polished RIMS?!?!

OK. I have 2005 1500 Dodge Ram HEMI. I need to replace one rim on the drivers side. All four rims are the original set. Now, I'm shopping online and having a hard time figuring out if it's Chrome or a Polished rim I'm buying. Any help please. Below is my truck....

Name:  DSCN0879.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  37.0 KB

Last edited by BarryClarkJr; 01-23-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:15 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as I know, all 05s would have "chrome clad" wheels and not the polished. "Chrome clad" is a nice way of saying chromed plastic bonded to the steel wheel.

All 03's and some 04's have the polished wheels. After 7 years mine look new so they did something right!

Someone else will have to chime in on how to spot the difference.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:57 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you still have the original sticker? It should tell you what you have now. Or there may be some way to tell from the VIN by running it somewhere - not sure. They do look very similar when you see them on separate trucks. But for sure you can tell the difference if you mix the 2 on the same truck. Hard to tell from your question, though, if you are wondering what you have or wondering about what you are looking at online. Yours look like the chromed wheels to me. I definitely have the polished on mine.

Quick Reply: Difference between Chrome & Polished.