DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   level kit and torsion bar crank possible? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/233539-level-kit-and-torsion-bar-crank-possible.html)

mcgoo89 02-17-2010 11:20 PM

level kit and torsion bar crank possible?

4x4 with a 2.5 inh readylift leveling kit. is it possible to still crank the torsion bar up another say inch or maybe more without messing anyting up. wnt to add block in the rear to give me a little more height. eventually will be throwing on a body lift

Ice-Forever 02-18-2010 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by mcgoo89 (Post 2005265)
4x4 with a 2.5 inh readylift leveling kit. is it possible to still crank the torsion bar up another say inch or maybe more without messing anyting up. wnt to add block in the rear to give me a little more height. eventually will be throwing on a body lift

The ride quality is realllllllly going to suck lol.

and your cv angles might get pretty steep, but I am pretty that I know of someone who has done it, i just cant remember if it was someone on here or another forum

OkieDodgeTRP 02-18-2010 01:10 AM

Your not gonna gain that much more, and your gonna make your front suspension much stiffer, plus throw you alignment out. Just wait for the body lift. If your gonna crank the TB, then why did ya waste your money on your level kit?

HammerZ71 02-18-2010 07:28 AM

Both the keys AND cranking the bolts raise the angle of the CVs as well as puts added pressure on the torsion bars. Not a good idea to do both...

SMKNRAM 02-18-2010 07:33 AM

It is the same thing!! the only way to level a tortion bar truck is to crank the bars!! either with a different angle leveling keys, or cranking existing keys! EITHER way you have to increase the tension on the bars to get ANY lift!!

Now to answer the OP question! Yes you can crank it some more, BUT you need to check your cv angles before you do. If you have already gained 2.5" over stock height then you are near the max on your cv angle! If you go to steep on that angle and you use your 4wd, you stand a much great chance of breaking a cv joint, and it will happen when you need it most!!

My bet is that you are already maxed on that angle and you should either buy a suspension lift or a body lift to get any more height in the front!

SMKNRAM 02-18-2010 07:34 AM

Dang Hammer we typing at the same time!!!

mcgoo89 02-18-2010 08:05 AM

Ya I broke a cv like 2 weeks ago. Lol. And I just figured I'd double check before I went n cranked them. I'm in 4wd too much to be doing it I guess. Ill just wait for the body lift

SMKNRAM 02-18-2010 08:24 AM

BINGO!! you already know what we are talking about! You may be to steep already, if you are already breaking sh*t!

mcgoo89 02-18-2010 09:27 AM

Ya, I'm already steep.. Heard it clicking for a month or so.m and decided to ignore it.. Hoping it would fix itself. Lol. Eventually tore apart and almost lost the tire going 75 and ended up having to replace left axle, cv, break lines, abs sensor and hub. Word of wisdom to everyone. It won't fix itself. Lol

SMKNRAM 02-18-2010 11:12 AM

HOLY SH*T man!!! you better be careful!!