3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

i want to run my lows and hi's

Old 02-18-2010, 10:24 PM
dodgewhiteout
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i want to run my lows and hi's

alright i got the aftermarket headlights that split my dual beam bulb in2 a seperate hi and low bulb...is there any way possible to make my hi's amd lows come whenever i turn my highs on????

Old 02-18-2010, 10:25 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

Yeah, you could run a one way relay from the highs to the lows. If you do I suggest running a DIY write-up on it for anyone else who might want to.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:49 AM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Already done it -- not working well yet. I need to try a resistor like HID setups use but haven't had a chance.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...s-at-once.html

Old 02-19-2010, 02:47 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

refer to other thread ...you shouldnt double thread buddy....i know your a newb but ...the mods will prolly combine these....g.l with issue...

Old 02-20-2010, 08:58 AM
dodgewhiteout

alright jusjay i tried to find it b4 i posted this thread..otherwise i wouldnt have posted it. am i right?? and instead of tellin me not to "re thread" why didnt you refer me to the thread that would tell me how to do this?? i know that i am a "newb" but you must be some kinda veteran if you got time to look at this thread and then go find a different one that answers my question and then come back to mine to tell me im rethreading..

Thanks to everyone else that posted on my thread that couldnt find out how to do this either.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:35 PM
John M
Record Breaker

I posted a link right above his post. I'll be glad to give you the exact wiring to do just so you can go do it and have it not work for you too.

I do get all 4 beams on high. If you want to do it before I figure out the LAMP OUT issue, be my guest.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:46 PM
dodgewhiteout

i would love a diagram on how to do this. but i think that there is a problem...my truck is a 08 and i cant find any kinda headlight relay anywhere. the only fuse block that i can find is under the hood is there one in the cab that i am overlooking? i looked in the owners manual as well and the only fuse block that it directed me to was the one under the hood

Old 02-21-2010, 04:43 PM
John M
Record Breaker

There's nothing to do with the stock relays (if you could find any; I couldn't either).

You've got to add a relay at each headlight housing. Wire it like this:

You must use relays with the center pin.

1) Cut the low beam wire and attach the supply (from the truck) to pin 87a and the other end (to the light) to pin 30.

2) Tee off of the high beam's positive wire and attach it to both pin 85 and 87.

3) Tee off of the ground wire and attach it to pin 86.

All wiring is done between the new headlight and its harness, meaning you don't touch the truck's wiring at all.

This leaves you with stock low beams and all four for high beam. Unfortunately the truck senses zero load on the low side while the relays are on high beam, meaning it triggers the LAMP OUT light & dinger every time you go back to low beam. Mine also does it when I crank the truck without the lights on at all.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:48 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

hmmm i havent seen this but i do have my fogs wired to stay on when i flip my brights and my hellas on a seperate switch to be extra bright. is there any chance of this burning up the factory components? i dont know alot about wiring but some people have posed the question in the past and it never got asked. good luck on it and take some pics

Old 02-21-2010, 06:00 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John,
Nicely done, much better than what I came up with.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i want to run my lows and hi's