DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Exhaust Suggestions (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/23425-exhaust-suggestions.html)

CarGuyOhio 04-26-2005 11:44 PM

Exhaust Suggestions

I am sure it has been covered, will do some searching but here it is...

Just bout a 05 Ram with a Hemi, has a big 20 miles on it. I am ready for exhaust! I want a nice deep tone. I have only heard Flowmaster which I did like, but would rather have a SS system and not aluminized. Also want a nice look with rear exit duals.

CarGuyOhio 04-26-2005 11:47 PM

RE: Exhaust Suggestions

Ahhh, found all the info on a search! Glad I fooudn the site!

HemiRam03 04-27-2005 01:55 AM

NOOOOOOOOO MUFFLER!!!! Ive got it on mine it really does sound sweet.

WingViper 04-27-2005 01:07 PM

I live in Ohio too and wanted a SS setup but I liked the Flowmaster sound. I went to a company and got a quote for fabrication of a SS dual split rear exit setup with a flowmaster 50 Series muffler (catback style) and the quote was approximately $850. Hope this gives you an idea if you want to head that route. Other companies I hear though actually make SS, like Borla and JBA.

horatio102 04-27-2005 01:48 PM

flowmaster does stainless too, just not all of them. I've got about 4 years on my aluminized flowmaster 30 series and it's got a very light coat of surface oxidation but it's still 100% solid.

WingViper 04-27-2005 02:08 PM

How does the "Aluminized" pipes stand up? Personally, I'm moving to Texas here soon, so I wasn't going to shell out the cost for a stainless anymore, but I wanted to get the American Thunder setup for the Hemi. any idea how good it would resist the elements?

horatio102 04-27-2005 11:27 PM

Most of my exhaust was done toward the middle of 2001 and it's holding up great. It's got the usual surface rust but nothing even remotely looking like it's penetrating. Will it rust through within the next 3-5 years? I highly doubt it. Living in TX you'll get even more life out of yours, mine's doing fine in the rainy WA weather. I also keep a fine coating of mud on it usually which is known to accellerate rust.

CarGuyOhio 04-28-2005 01:10 AM

I bought the flowmaster setup today. I considered Borla, which is almost twice the cost. I figured worst case I buy a second flowmaster setup if it does not hold up, will have about the same investment as a borla system, but in my opinion better sound.

Also bought a tonneau and some SS nerf bars today as well. First full day of ownership and three new aftermarket parts.... One more to go, CAI. Well maybe some mud flaps for the rear, I see a lot of stuff up on the side behind the rear tires. Nerf bars will help to protect the front.

I had a Flowmaster setup on a 97 Formula, was on there 3 years without a spec of even surface rust, although the car only saw rain once or twice with the flowmaster setup on it, no snow.

skitch 04-28-2005 02:28 AM

I put a BANKS POWER monster ex on my truck but had a terible drone at 2000 rpms. i sent it back and got a magnaflo on now. it still has a drone, but not as bad. nice tone when acceling...

WingViper 04-28-2005 11:28 AM

What setup did you get of the Flowmaster and did you hang it yourself? If I may, what $ did you pick it up for?