3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

05 Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 02:12 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shiloh 24
That could be why yours was so much different, I'm not 100% but I would be willin to bet thats the difference. Cuz the only guys I have ever heard of not having the factory fog light harness preinstalled have had base models. The factory didn't really care much as far as luxury goes and extra options for the lower trim levels, by this I'm not tryin to bash your truck in any way at all but that's how they come from the factory.
Shiloh, not a problem. I knew exactly what I was buying actually spent a month doing the deal. The advantage is that the truck was cheap <14k new at the dealer and is sort of simple to work on, lighter than the other trucks, making it very responsive to mods. I've added what I wanted such as a Laramie leather interior, fogs, wheels, cap, CAI and dual exhaust. It came with CD and sliding rear window. It is really a bit of an odd truck as it also sat lower than the other new trucks. It has 3:55 pegleg and has always had traction problems.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:15 PM
ramzm
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, Thanks everyone for all the information. Im pretty sure that is the plug for the lights as well. I'll give it a shot. Does anyone have any advice on aftermarket fog lights, head lights or tail lights? Pictures would be great too. I found some LED Tail lights that still look like the OEM stock lights, just LED. I think I might go with those. As for Headlights, I'm having trouble finding ones I like. I like projector with Halo lights, but they really change the look and I'm not sure I will like them once they are on. Any accessories you guys might recommend would be much appreciated. Thanks Everyone!

Old 03-07-2010, 10:19 PM
dodgegirl05
Captain

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Dodgegirl,
Did you have to install a relay in the IPM? Or did everything work by just changing the headlight switch? My 03 had no wiring at all.
nope all i had to do was bolt, and switch that out and plug everything in and it all worked!

Old 03-07-2010, 10:27 PM
dodgegirl05
Captain

Originally Posted by ramzm
Great, Thanks everyone for all the information. Im pretty sure that is the plug for the lights as well. I'll give it a shot. Does anyone have any advice on aftermarket fog lights, head lights or tail lights? Pictures would be great too. I found some LED Tail lights that still look like the OEM stock lights, just LED. I think I might go with those. As for Headlights, I'm having trouble finding ones I like. I like projector with Halo lights, but they really change the look and I'm not sure I will like them once they are on. Any accessories you guys might recommend would be much appreciated. Thanks Everyone!
i had halos and they were a pain to adjust! i ended up going with the ones that have the clear directionals! my tail lights are euro design!

heres a pic of my tail lights,

Old 03-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Albertaramfan
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all you have to do is plug into that wire and add a factory headlight switch capable of fogs. I did mine a couple months ago. The wire hanging out front is for the fogs and the new switch plugs right in.

Might need a flash on the pcm but I didn't

Quick Reply: 05 Fog lights