DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Got the quick learn done on the Sharadon Tranny (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/238785-got-the-quick-learn-done-on-the-sharadon-tranny.html)

OlDirtyJohn 03-22-2010 10:03 PM

Got the quick learn done on the Sharadon Tranny

got a little time off work today to take the truck in to get the quick learn procedure done.... now its shuddering going into 2nd, 4th, and 5th. its like 3 solid clunks going into each one of those gears. by the time this happened the guys at sharadon were gone for the day. gonna give them a call first thing in the morning.

then, on my way back to work from that ordeal, i got a ticket. MP at the base gate stopped me cuz the base decals were expired on the car im borrowing from my buddy. wouldnt you know it, i never checked to see if it had current insurance or registration. and it doesnt. FML. my blood pressure is soaring right now cuz im so stressed out.

mc35 03-22-2010 10:08 PM

You have just about the worst luck out of anyone I know.

weedahoe 03-23-2010 07:06 AM

Its ok man and it all gets better from here. Dont sweat the small stuff and let us know how that trans works out.

OlDirtyJohn 03-23-2010 03:23 PM

called up Denny at sharadon this morning. told him what was going on. he said that it is more than likely just still in the learning process. he said to drive it gently for 100 miles, and it should learn the new tranny/valvebody and stop the shuddering. seems legit to me, other than than the shudder the thing shifted NICE! got my fingers crossed that a small "break in" is all it needs. picking it back up today at around 4 (still on my 48 hour shift) and wed and thur, im gonna drive it around all day. ill keep you all updated

cheapbeater 03-23-2010 04:04 PM

i hope everything works out the way its supposed to...
keep your head up...

Off_Road_Teacher 03-23-2010 05:36 PM

Hope it all works out for you man.

OlDirtyJohn 03-23-2010 09:06 PM

thanks guys. picked up the truck a little bit ago, and drove it back to work. the temps were good. and other than the shudder from 1-2 it shifts freaking hard! and thats only on light throttle. im babying it. cant wait to see what a WOT run feels like. hopefully the 1-2 shudder goes away though. Denny also said it could be a bad tranny mount, and it shifting so hard now is causing the shudder. ill look into that as well. I am also gonna give Andre at Edge a call, see what he has to say about this situation. he is very knowledgable, and i trust the advice he gives.

xfeejayx 03-23-2010 09:31 PM

nah, your luck isn't the worse, but bottom 5 for sure. almost through it all man, then your biggest problem is going to be how to pay for the tires you're burning

truckin151 03-23-2010 09:50 PM

Damn if its shifting that hard with just light throttle on the stage II I'd hate to drive the Stage III around as a daily driver.... Hope it all works out

oefootball_70 03-23-2010 09:57 PM

Thats cool that its getting better. Congrats. I bet its cool that you now have a tranny that can handle the HP you plan on adding later.