3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

super annoying "lamp out" problem, and evap code

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 05:24 PM
jamie700r
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the solution for the P0456 code. Under the truck(Drivers side) there is the evap cannister. And 4 small hoses.1 connects the second evap cannister to the first.#2 connects it to the engine#3 connects it to the filter and #4 is from the filter to the first evap i believe

#1 the interconnect part# 53032052AC Hose-Vapor
#2 this one i could not get
#3 52121100AA Hose=Filter
#4 52102793AA Hose-Leak-DET

Once i replaced these the issue went away

Old 12-15-2010, 03:29 PM
FireFighter
Veteran

Originally Posted by JayEtter
My lamp out light comes on only when headlights are on and i use the turn signal when i hit the brakes it stops chiming until i let of the brakes someone please help!!!!
Did you check out what I had found? Post # 9

Old 05-18-2018, 10:48 AM
Shutter Fox
Default passenger side tail lamp out when it rains

I have two Ram 1500's currently, #1 is 2003, 2WD and #2 is 2002 4WD. (these are my 8th and 9th Dodge Rams, #2 was purchased used, all others from the showroom!) Both trucks are Quad Cabs, 1500, with the Laramie Accessories package 26G, factory suspension, with the 4.7 engine. #1 has 230K miles and is all original, #2 has 339K miles and has had new front suspension and a rebuilt the rear end. #2 was wrecked and rebuilt, so it has specific issues such as passenger side door window/lock switches no long work and I have a jumper wire to power the AC/heater blower motor.

However, both trucks have the same electrical problem or issue since new: The left tail lights stop working when it rains hard and clears up shortly after it quits raining and dries out. The right tail lights do not work, but the brakes, back-up and turn signal continue to work just fine. I bought a new bulb circuit board for #1 thinking that there might be corrosion or dampness slipping inside, causing the issue but that had no impact. I have tried to trace the wire harness but rapidly loose it in the frame. FRISTRATING to say the least !! Can anyone shed light on this - or at least tell me where there are connectors in the wiring harness that might be suspect and that I should try to protect from the rain?????????

Old 05-22-2018, 04:42 PM
Shutter Fox
Default Evap Codes

I tend to try to round my gas purchases up to the nearest full dollar, I get the evap codes when I over fill my tank and get fuel up the fill pipe, this will slosh into the vent tube to the evap canister and either prevent air flow or even wet the filter, when this happens the codes flash and I get a check engine light,
I have learned to ignore them when they are my doing and they clear as the fuel level drops and the spilled fuel in the evap system evaporates.

Quick Reply: super annoying "lamp out" problem, and evap code