3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

bilstein 5100 adjustables

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 02:45 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spoken like the knight on monty python's search for the holy grail (the bridge crossing) oooohhh! That's Easy, step right up then.....

Old 03-30-2010, 03:25 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did a lift one time on a buddies truck and the nearest spring compressor was hour away , so i used 2 heavy duty ratchet straps and compressed both sides equal ,,,,,easy , not the safest but in a pinch worked out great

Old 03-30-2010, 06:45 PM
kllrbee
Rookie

Originally Posted by DodgeThunder
These are the type i have that i will eventually use when I get around to doing this.. just make sure you use 2, I made the mistake of only using 1 years ago and it was sketchy as hell..

http://www.coil-spring.net/wp-conten...mpressor-1.jpg
Thanks Thunder, those are the ones Ive used before when putting lifts on my Jeeps. And yes, using only one is not really going to go to smooth with those. LOL.

And to rocket, I didnt say it would be easy, but I will attempt it. Why should I pay a shop when I could do it myself. I dont know about you, but I dont have money to waste on that. Plus, whatever happened to the pride of doing something yourself. Arent we into this "hobby" cuz we enjoy working on vehicles? Or do you just have everyone else do your work and then you look good driving someone elses work?

Old 03-30-2010, 07:12 PM
rocket23
Champion

Originally Posted by kllrbee
Thanks Thunder, those are the ones Ive used before when putting lifts on my Jeeps. And yes, using only one is not really going to go to smooth with those. LOL.

And to rocket, I didnt say it would be easy, but I will attempt it. Why should I pay a shop when I could do it myself. I dont know about you, but I dont have money to waste on that. Plus, whatever happened to the pride of doing something yourself. Arent we into this "hobby" cuz we enjoy working on vehicles? Or do you just have everyone else do your work and then you look good driving someone elses work?
No I just draw a line like some guys here and there; When the job is too big for my driveway then I seek alternative methods I feel that its' borderline but that compression unit(s) seem like it can be a driveway deal. Don't get me wrong I just know my limits.

ps. I do most of my work btw.
ps ps. Can you honestly see me going to a shop and having them put in my Guttah grill lol or my shltter cai lol

Last edited by rocket23; 03-30-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:27 PM
kllrbee
Rookie

Haha. that would be pretty bad having a shop throw in your homebrew CAI.
I know what you mean about drawing a line tho. There are a few things i wont go near. Diff gear change for example. dont have the right tools or precision for a job like that.
But, I think ill give this a shot and if I run into probs, then the shop is right down the block and Ill just bring the coil and struts to them.
BTW, thanks for recomending them to me in the first place.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:44 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

or you could just come to my house and ill due it , lol unless that drive killed ya bro

Old 03-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Matt99
Champion

Yea I know what your talking about. I have a guy that I take alot of my stuff to, mainly my fourwheelers and family stuff. Her jaguar is always breaking down and I CANNOT work on it. He hooks me up and on a deal that small it would cost like 10 bucks.

When doing my spacer install I tried to use the spring compressors. I couldnt evenly distribute the things causa the angle (you wont have that problem) but it just did a banana on me

Old 03-30-2010, 08:49 PM
rocket23
Champion

Originally Posted by kllrbee
Haha. that would be pretty bad having a shop throw in your homebrew CAI.
I know what you mean about drawing a line tho. There are a few things i wont go near. Diff gear change for example. dont have the right tools or precision for a job like that.
But, I think ill give this a shot and if I run into probs, then the shop is right down the block and Ill just bring the coil and struts to them.
BTW, thanks for recomending them to me in the first place.
keep us posted w/pix if possible those bilsteins are the bomb and a lifetime guarentee nice job.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:56 PM
kllrbee
Rookie

Well, I ordred them yesterday and they are on backorder, so it might be awhile before I get them. But I will keep you posted. Thanks.

Quick Reply: bilstein 5100 adjustables