3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tint ticket....

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:38 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad they don't sweat that much here. Both mine are way past legal.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:59 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had a mechanical citation for a long while but don't you need to have an officer sign off the ticket before going to court?

Old 06-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When i write for tint i take my handy dandy razor blade out and x through it.
Here we have two tix we can write for it.
One is a ordinance called "vehicles to be in safe condition" its a towable offense, and one just for tint. which is not, but it must be removed on sight.
So i give ppl the option most of the time, depending on their attitude. Let me x it up and pay the fine
or
have your car towed, pay towing fee, and then pay the fine anyway, and keep your tint.

option one $79
option two $300

fair choice right?

Honestly dark tint on the front windows does impede your vision. its been proven by the National highway traffic safety administration. Esp on your windshield.
ya tint is cool, but so is everything else anymore.

If i were you I would tint it legally according to the laws in your city or state. otherwise its ticket after ticket. Us cops are lazy, your just making it easy for us!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

You are not lazy....just doing your job.............and we thank you for that!

Old 06-01-2010, 11:22 PM
texaskook
Rookie

For me... It's a question of comfort. I would trade a yearly ticket for not gettin cooked by this Texas heat. $20.83 a month....yeah, it's worth it ($250-ticket). UV rays are terrible on my tattoos anyway. The way I see it, I'm way ahead... haven't got a tint ticket in over 10 years....knock on wood.LOL.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
Veteran

Thanks RamMan! thats nice to hear once and awhile!

Old 06-02-2010, 12:57 AM
4matty3
Captain

total crap^ . nothing wrong with tint except for another lame reason for cops to make money. go catch drug dealers and murderers, not the working citizens

Last edited by 4matty3; 06-02-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
Veteran

Do drug dealers and criminals use cars? yep. Does tint obstruct an officers view, making it difficult to id said drug dealers and criminals while in those cars? yep.
Cops dont make money off the tickets. The tickets are paid to the city, county or state. I dont get paid per ticket.
More successful drug busts,warrant services and good police works come as a result of traffic violations/ stops then almost anything else.
Working citizens are held to the same laws and standards as criminals. Laws are laws for everyone. As a "working citizen" you should have no problem with that.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:53 AM
VP64
Captain

this was mine. i liked it. kind of impossable to see through at night. but i feared it brought too much attention, both good and bad. i even had a cop behind me at a stop sign but it was too reflective for people driving behind at night so i just took them off as i started driving more to aviod being ticketed.

Last edited by VP64; 06-02-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:42 AM
mptoad
Rookie

Originally Posted by Thatonekidw/theHEMI
Do drug dealers and criminals use cars? yep. Does tint obstruct an officers view, making it difficult to id said drug dealers and criminals while in those cars? yep.
Cops dont make money off the tickets. The tickets are paid to the city, county or state. I dont get paid per ticket.
More successful drug busts,warrant services and good police works come as a result of traffic violations/ stops then almost anything else.
Working citizens are held to the same laws and standards as criminals. Laws are laws for everyone. As a "working citizen" you should have no problem with that.
I got to back you up here. I have pulled over many a vehicle with beyond legal tint. The biggest issue in my opinion that you did touch on in your post, is officer safety... if the tint is so dark that I can't see through it from the outside, then how do I know, as an officer, that there is not someone sitting on the inside of the vehicle with a weapon already pointed at me as I approach the vehicle? Way to many officers are killed every year because of situations like this.

Also, like was said above, I have yet to see a serious drug runner that didn't have tinted windows for the exact reason of hiding the contents of the vehicle.

Quick Reply: tint ticket....