3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Good News / Bad news

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:13 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good News / Bad news

So good news first, heading to work today I came across these two f150's who were playing, they lined up next to each other and would go light to light. Well at one of the intersections the road widens to 3 lanes and they both moved to the outer lanes leaving the middle open so I take the open lane. Look over and they are both looking at me (which is a real odd feeling). Figured what the hell, light turns green, and they just keep getting further in my rear view mirrors. Next light, they are both reving up on both sides again, light turns green, samething happens...... I love those looks you get after just spanking a sore loser...

Now on to the bad news... Driving home from work, I was behind this little S10. Looking down the road I noticed there was a chunk from a blown tire laying basically on the lane line between my lane and the lane next to me, didn't really think much of it as you could drive right by it and not touch it... Well apparently the S10 didn't know that, he didn't see the line of cars that all went by it without any issues...no... INSTEAD He decided to swerve into the lane on the opposite side to avoid hitting it, problem was there was already someone in that lane and after coming within inches of the other driver he swerves back into my lane and hits the chunk of tire... and sends it flyin back at me nailing my from bumper . I pulled up next to him and looked over and he hit his brakes and slowed way down and cut over a few lanes.. F*ckin ***... Anyways the painted part of my bumer is scratched all to hell, there black rubber marks all over it which I cant get off because they are gouged into the cover and it looks like it maight be cracked in some areas. Im so pissed, its this giant eyesore right now looking at me everytime I go out in the garage.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:22 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill sell you my cap lol

but really caps are not that expensive or just get a street scene. sucks it happened though

Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 PM
reefguy89
Captain

nice kill. that suck about the bumper but look at it this way it give u a reason to get a sport bumper

Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Truckin, sorry to hear about the debris damage. But great kills...

Old 06-02-2010, 09:32 PM
4XLgatorfan
Veteran

Sorry to hear about the damage....some people just do NOT know how to drive. Nice job whippin' the F150's though.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:53 PM
disturbedgator
Captain

so were they pretty much street trucks? i mean did they have any mods that you could tell, and how bad did you beat them? both 5.4s? sorry for the 20qs but im buildin a database

Old 06-02-2010, 10:17 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by disturbedgator
so were they pretty much street trucks? i mean did they have any mods that you could tell, and how bad did you beat them? both 5.4s? sorry for the 20qs but im buildin a database
One was an extended cab 2wd sounded ok, decent rumble to it, and the other was a 4 door 4x4, slight lift, 35's, exhaust, dont know the engine on either of them. The 4x4 was whoopin the 2wd truck every run by about a truck and a half though so it probably had some other things done. First run with me in the middle put both of them about 6 back, second after they were "trying" I went WOT and put them around 7 back. My 0-60's right now are in the 5.5sec range

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
ill sell you my cap lol

but really caps are not that expensive or just get a street scene. sucks it happened though
Hopefully I might be able to get a deal on one of the street scenes covers here soon so fingers crossed.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:34 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

nice kill.
If the guy hit the debris and it ended up hitting you, technically he is responsible for the damage even though the debris didn't come from his vehicle. So, you coulda got insurance info although his company prob would have fought it, you still coulda won it...90% sure on that one. Luckily it wasn't a fender or a windshield..etc
Anyways, just another reason to get a nice purdy new bumper ;-)

Old 06-02-2010, 11:08 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

True, it technically be his fault, but then you have to prove that it he did it, you gotta get the person to pull over and all that good stuff. This guy knew he did it though just the way he backed off and moved real quick like when I got up next to him. It just pisses me off, if he would have just stayed in the lane and drove straight he never would have touched it, its only because he tried to avoid it and nearly hit someone that he hit it and caused it to hit me.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:12 PM
mikesa_tx
Professional

Sorry to hear about the damage man. What an a-hole.

Quick Reply: Good News / Bad news