3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

2004 Dodge 2500 Ram FCM, Fuse Block & Headlight Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 10:45 PM
BCdakotaboy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with the drivers side headlamp, only hi beam worked, also the wipers would come on at start up , wipe for 5 times everytime and then turn off. Intermittent wipe wouldn't work only continuous and fast speed. Replaced the fcm and all is good. Bought it on eBay for $250, stealership wants $900 plus tax. Make sure the numbers on the replacement fcm match your original exactly.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:56 AM
W0rLDWaR4

Thanks very much for your help!

Old 04-05-2019, 01:46 PM
98pete
Default 04ram diesel

so
all the problems I’m reading about our 04 rams headlight issues finally hit me
left side low beam was out fiddled with fuse box and now left side works and right side low beam and high beem out ... and it seems no power or ground to right side Any suggestions ??? Anyone whatva pain in the a&$

Old 10-12-2019, 05:00 AM
Nate Coates

Originally Posted by 98pete
so
all the problems I’m reading about our 04 rams headlight issues finally hit me
left side low beam was out fiddled with fuse box and now left side works and right side low beam and high beem out ... and it seems no power or ground to right side Any suggestions ??? Anyone whatva pain in the a&$
After reading this post about these damn fuse boxes my 03 diesel has had so many of the same problem my headlight acted up I just ran a power wire to the good one and now I’m having a problem with my wipers as mentioned above the wiper are stuck on high all the time even with the truck off... I changed the motor the linkage the relays and switch so I’m thinking last but not least time to change the fuse box...

Old 10-12-2019, 12:08 PM
98pete

Originally Posted by Nate Coates
After reading this post about these damn fuse boxes my 03 diesel has had so many of the same problem my headlight acted up I just ran a power wire to the good one and now I’m having a problem with my wipers as mentioned above the wiper are stuck on high all the time even with the truck off... I changed the motor the linkage the relays and switch so I’m thinking last but not least time to change the fuse box...
Originally Posted by k5avj
I've got a 2004 Dodge Diesel 2500 Ram & recently I had low beam go out on my driver side headlight. Certainly this can't be too hard to fix...just replace the headlight. WRONG! Replacing the headlight did not fix the problem.

I took a digital voltmeter & ck'd the bulb socket on hi & lo beam & I had voltage but still the headlight only worked on hi-beam & I continued to get an warning message on the dash. Even though I do have voltage, the fuse block/front control module (FCM) is not allowing any power to flow thru to the headlamp on the lo-setting.

I guess the next step is to 1) lift negative battery leads & 2) pull the fuse block to exam for corrosion & 3) pull connectors from the FCM & 4) replug to see if I can revive the system.

Any suggestions?
It’s the fcm replaced mine 04ram fixed all kinds of issues besides the headlights!!

Old 10-12-2019, 12:10 PM
98pete

Originally Posted by k5avj
I've got a 2004 Dodge Diesel 2500 Ram & recently I had low beam go out on my driver side headlight. Certainly this can't be too hard to fix...just replace the headlight. WRONG! Replacing the headlight did not fix the problem.

I took a digital voltmeter & ck'd the bulb socket on hi & lo beam & I had voltage but still the headlight only worked on hi-beam & I continued to get an warning message on the dash. Even though I do have voltage, the fuse block/front control module (FCM) is not allowing any power to flow thru to the headlamp on the lo-setting.

I guess the next step is to 1) lift negative battery leads & 2) pull the fuse block to exam for corrosion & 3) pull connectors from the FCM & 4) replug to see if I can revive the system.

Any suggestions?
Replace fcm attached to fuse box !!

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge 2500 Ram FCM, Fuse Block & Headlight Problem