3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

T-42 Superchips error

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 05:15 PM
caliboy@heart
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-42 Superchips error

I tried a search for this, but nothing came up except for the superchips sticky however that had 101 pages and I dont know how to search within just that thread. So, I am a little lost right now and I feel like a newb!

I had the performance tune on my truck but I just put it back to stock so I could take it to the dealership. When I got it back, I wanted to re-tune it. I calibrated my speedo for the 33" tires and that was no problem. When I tried to reinstall the performance tune, it saved the stock tune (both files) and then gave me a T-42 error. I tired a few more times and it did the same thing. What should I do? Of course, I am too late and the company closed just 15 minutes ago. Help!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:56 PM
caliboy@heart
Veteran

Anyone? Help?

Old 06-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

maybe try the superchip.com forums?

Old 06-25-2010, 06:37 PM
caliboy@heart
Veteran

thanks big wheel. I already did and it only turned up a few threads. the one that helped the most was where a guy had to send his information into SC and they took about 2 weeks to get it worked out. i will be driving from Md to Ca in 13 days and need this fixed asap so i can set the tow tune on!

Old 06-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DId you try updating the tuner? That is what I would do and then try tuning the truck again.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:44 PM
caliboy@heart
Veteran

Thanks Teach. I cant update the tuner because I forgot my user name and password...I think. it wont let me log in so i must have it incorrect.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Could you make a new account using a different email address? Then you would be able to update, I think.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:58 PM
caliboy@heart
Veteran

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Could you make a new account using a different email address? Then you would be able to update, I think.
If I did that wouldnt it see that the SC is already in use when I plug it into my laptop?

Old 06-25-2010, 07:22 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

Got your PM. When you took it to the dealer, did they flash your computer or run an update? If so, then it's possible you need an update, probably a database update. If that's the case, you should try updating the programmer. You can start a new account and just plug in the tuner and let it do its thing. Accounts are not linked to programmers, accounts are more for tracking and managing purchases made through the superchips updater software. If that doesnt work, then you'll need to contact Superchips directly and have a tech work with you on getting the truck programmed back correctly. If the updater doesnt work for you, I'd recommend waiting till monday so you can talk to someone at superchips. It's posible they'll need to send you a new version of a tune if dodge did something funky to your computer at the dealership.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:28 PM
caliboy@heart
Veteran

Thanks Joe. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait then till Monday. I just tried to create a new account and it says that there is already one listed on the one I provided. This sucks!!

Quick Reply: T-42 Superchips error