3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 05:25 PM
nachoman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

ORIGINAL: |3|ackAc|D

yea i bet you we could put a bed full of dohnuts on our hemis and still beat that titan!

LOL! Dude. you're crackin me up here!! [sm=lol.gif][sm=roll.gif]

Old 05-24-2005, 09:18 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

ORIGINAL: HEMI_OFF_ROAD

nice truck Rob, I like that blue with the sport package, it looks good. I probably would have done the sport package but I live in the country and we get mass quantities of bugs and the fake chrome is easier to clean them off of than paint. Too bad I dont live in the city anymore other wise my truck would look sweet in the sport.

Thanks man, I wanted the sport package, but there were 2 things that deterred me from getting it.

#1 my wife said no.
#2 those fake hoodscoops just look so ugly.

Besides, I plan to do all the "sporting" under the hood. :P

I already pulled all the badges off, so when I roll up to the red light next to a little ricer, they have no idea...

Old 05-26-2005, 03:13 PM
fackman

The reliability of similar vehicles (overall) is negligeable. For 2004 (according to J.D. Power's 3 year reliability survey), Toyota had 2.6 problems per car. That's Toyota division, not Toyota Motor Corp with numbers boosted up by Lexus. Dodge had something like 3.2 problems per car. That's a whopping difference of .6 problems per car. Yes, that's zero point six. That's nothing. Toyotas have their problems, too. They're not immune like the general population thinks. And Chevrolet, Ford, and Dodge are all within .15 problems of each other.

Yes Jeep had something like 3.8, making the Grand Cherokee look kinda bad, but the 3 "off-road" brands were firmly at the bottom of the pack. Hummer, Jeep, and Land Rover (with Rover being the worst in the entire survey). The survey is done simply by seeing how many times a car has been to the shop. This leads me to think how many people actually think their Jeeps, Hummers, and Rovers CAN go anywhere and do anything, do something stupid, and break it?

Buy what you like. Simple as that. Some people actually like the Titan's styling (I don't know how; I personally thing Nissan's entire lineup is fugly, exceptions being the 350Z and Altima). Nissan and Toyota also are new to the full-size game. The big three have already perfected the full-size truck. The Japanese are still working out the bugs. For people who fall for the illusion that Toyotas are infinitely more reliable than the big 3 and just want a light-duty truck for occasional use with decent power and fuel economy, the Tundra is a good choice. Nissan is going after the guys who want a "Real Truck", hence the advertized 9,100 lb. towing capacity. They're still working out the bugs on it. The Titan is still a good truck, is slower than the Ram, but is getting better (reliablilty wise) and can still do real truck work. There's room in the market for the Titan. However, I believe that if you want to do real work and want a "real truck", there's no substitute for a Dodge, Ford or Chevy (preferably Dodge ).

Horatio has a point in that the Ram isn't for everyone. In my opinion is the Ram the best truck? Hell yes. But someone else may have different needs or generally think otherwise. Besides, if everyone had a Hemi-equipped Ram, we wouldn't have any Ford's, Chevy's, or rice burners to smoke at the track! If it wasn't for competition, nothing would ever be improved. Hell, look at what the Ram did to the truck market in the early 1990's! Trucks hadn't changed much at all since the 1970's! Ram was getting pounded in sales by Ford and Chevy, so they upped the ante. Now look at all the Badass trucks on the market and how far they've come.

I'm just glad I live in a country where we all can make our own choices and buy what we like.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:07 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

I'm just glad I live in a country where we all can make our own choices and buy what we like.
Amen brother. And a big thank you to all of our military personnel past and present.
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-26-2005, 05:35 PM
guido7
Veteran

Thanks Doc, im a vietnam vet..68-69....love my country and all our freedoms...

ps.... Love my Hemi too... best truck I ever had.... and shes goin racin tonite with uncle GUIDO...........

I wanna go this fast......................

[IMG]local://upfiles/13612/3954A57F6892452C976A9C16BF949D7F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-27-2005, 12:03 AM
NaviDave

I can't handle it anymore.

How in the world can you think the Titan is any good when they use an undersized diff and you can't tow anything over 50 square feet of frontage?

That means you can tow your boats - but not a your travel trailer or 5th.

For many - this is one of the reasons our wives let us get a truck (mine got sick of tenting).

My 5th is 6,000 lbs dry and measures 8 feet wide by about 9 feet of exposed height - so 72. No problems towing it with my 5.9.

Ferd F150's are only good for 60 square feet. Dodge 1500's have no such limitation.

Now - Hemi towing problems - I figured out why everyone including my father-in-law is having issues - but that's another post.

Dave

Old 05-27-2005, 12:31 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people actually like the Titan's styling (I don't know how; I personally thing Nissan's entire lineup is fugly, exceptions being the 350Z and Altima)
Well said.

Old 05-27-2005, 01:32 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: nachoman

ORIGINAL: |3|ackAc|D

yea i bet you we could put a bed full of dohnuts on our hemis and still beat that titan!

LOL! Dude. you're crackin me up here!! [sm=lol.gif][sm=roll.gif]
i aim to eat dohnuts

Old 05-27-2005, 01:54 AM
Red Ram Hemi 2005
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like to have choices, as does everyone else. I choose Dodge, and well Nissass, opps.... Nissan never entered my mind.
I really havent raced any one due to the lack of compitition in the area plus strip (well there was a ferd, but it didnt count because the truck just couldnt hang). I dont feel I need to, I know what I got and just how quick the damn thing is. But there
is one thing I would like to say "THIS IS A DODGE FORUM!" Thank you.

Old 05-27-2005, 01:55 AM
guido7
Veteran

saw a titan race tonite, just once tho, he ran a 10.95 et, ....asked him if he wanted to do-it-up but he said he had to go, so I raced the ford instead.... it was fun..............

Quick Reply: DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN