DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/25190-dodge-ram-vs-nissan-titan.html)

hipnotik 05-19-2005 12:21 AM

DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

Whats happenin Dodge Ram owners? I must admit, dodge rams are pretty cool. But i have raced 3 separate dodge rams and beat them all. I thought the dodge ram was supposedly the monster of all trucks. What happened there? BTW IM NOT TRYING TO CAUSE ANY TROUBLE. I just thought that i would have lost and i want someone to fill me in about why i ended up beating these dodge rams. Some info on them is... all were 1500s, said "Hemi" on the fender, one had AM 22 inch rims, the others had stock wheels, one for sure had a custom exhaust and probably an intake. I am in no way bagging on dodge rams, but where did all the power go? Does the ram weight more than a titan? Can someone bring in some evidence on what the downfall was for a bigger engine?

Please dont flame, im not trying to tick you all off... i am just curious as to how i beat a more powerful engine.

moparturd 05-19-2005 01:09 AM

RE: DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

I've gone up several titans 2 and 4 WD and have beat them all. No mods on my truck other than a K&n drop-in. Were the trucks you ran Quad Cabs, or 4x4's.

Randy_W 05-19-2005 01:11 AM

I understand, your just a cool dude looking for some chit chat. Charlie Manson was misunderstood, too!:eek:

RcBandit28 05-19-2005 01:11 AM

Troll....This is his 2nd post about this same topic. He also has one in the General Dodge Ram forum.

moparturd 05-19-2005 01:19 AM

:D[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

RcBandit28 05-19-2005 01:29 AM

LMAO!!! [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=owned.gif][sm=repost.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=pcwhack.gif]

ORIGINAL: Randy_W

I understand, your just a cool dude looking for some chit chat. Charlie Manson was misunderstood, too!:eek:

hipnotik 05-19-2005 02:27 AM

sorry bout that i went out to dinner. Anyways they were 4x2s (at least im assuming bc there was no 4x4 sticker). Thats crazy! we should race =) i think i could take you. can anyone provide specs for both engines?

horatio102 05-19-2005 03:39 AM

You have less power but probably shorter gearing.

My buddy's 73 ram w100 with a 318 and 4-speed is a hair faster than my 86 w250 with a 360 and 3 speed. On the dyno we put about the same numbers to the ground.

Flywheel horsepower is only a fraction of the equation.

|3|ackAc|D 05-19-2005 04:11 AM

dude his titan is just a car with a lift kit.

paintr2005 05-19-2005 08:57 AM

Like my favorite quote goes "It's better to look good than to feel good" You can feel good all you want about beating those doges, but the fact still remains ALL DODGES LOOK WAY BETTER!!! your still driving an ugly truck....I still have a hard time believing your beating all dodges you go up against, maybe your racing people not very experienced driving at those speeds. I guess its kind of like dating a REALLY ugly chic, that is wild in bed, yeah, its fun when your drunk, and she is a hellcat in the sack, but you still have to wake up, roll over and look at her.. AARRGGHHHH!!!! OR date a BEAUTIFUL SEXY woman, thats REALLY, REALLY good in bed, you roll over and still want to take her Out IN PUBLIC and go to breakfast!!! WOW! that was some rant! hehehehe

EDIT DODGE