3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 Blend Door issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 06:27 PM
bpt513
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Blend Door issue

I was having an issue where I would set my vent switch to full face and it was blowing full feet. Most of the settings were the same way. They would eventually work but it took awhile. Defrost works. AC/Heat work.

Took it to dealer and they stated that the blends doors are binding. They recommended replacing the doors by putting in a new heater box and actuator motor. Cost $1,100. WHAT???

Is it possible that I can attempt to fix this issue?

thanks
Brent

Old 04-25-2013, 08:03 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try this site.
I'm about to do all this later this year.
Scroll onto the fodge link and you can then watch videos of how to diagnose which doors are failing and how to repair them.
http://www.heatertreater.net/

Al.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:55 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

If you can do it yourself, you can save a ton of money. I have replaced the heater core in my Mustang 3 time in the last 24yrs and have it down to a 4hr job now. It was about 7hrs.
That being said, just plan to make a day of it. Take your time and you should be able to repair it yourself with basic hand tools and a lot of patience. Might be helpful to take pictures as you disassemble things. It makes it easier to remember when putting it back together. Good luck

Quick Reply: 07 Blend Door issue