3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 11:04 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rambradley
I just installed an hid kit from Xenonhid on my 2013 ram. All I did was the low beam for now. I got the best ballast they make. It's a 55w ac canbus ballast. I also got the relay harness too. Ok so since my drivers side is hooked to the relay harness and my passenger side is hooked to nothing I'm getting a lamp out on my passenger side. My main issue is I'm getting a clicking sound when the lights are on but only while I'm driving. If I put my foot on the brake it goes away. If I come to a stop it stops. So there's no way of me getting out to diagnose where the noise is coming from because it doesn't start doing it until I start driving again. If I turn the fog lights off it gets worse but still stops at the same points as described. The lights work fine. Just those two issues. Would love some help in the matter. Thank you
Since you have nothing connected to the other side, add the load resistors to mimic the place of the bulb. Refer to the first page for more info and instructions

Old 02-23-2016, 06:31 AM
rambradley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Since you have nothing connected to the other side, add the load resistors to mimic the place of the bulb. Refer to the first page for more info and instructions
What about the clicking noise? Will this go away once I add the resistors? Thanks

Old 02-23-2016, 07:16 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

What about the clicking noise? Will this go away once I add the resistors? Thanks
Yes, the clicking will stop and the lights will work

Old 02-23-2016, 07:23 AM
rambradley

Yes, the clicking will stop and the lights will work
Awesome. Thank you. One more question please. Is there a way to disable the DRL?

Old 02-23-2016, 08:18 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Awesome. Thank you. One more question please. Is there a way to disable the DRL?
Not that I am aware of but here is the US we do not have that enabled so again, not that I am aware of.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:15 PM
rambradley

Not that I am aware of but here is the US we do not have that enabled so again, not that I am aware of.
I installed two morimoto transistors on my low beam circuits. I did this Saturday. It did fine Saturday night and Sunday night. Did fine this morning too. Got in truck to go home from work and got the low beam headlight out warning message. I hooked the launch up to it and I've got a B162E-15 code which is right low beam control-circuit short to battery or open.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:36 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

You said low beam but said nothing about the high beam. Being the headlights are dual filament with both high and low beam, this means you need load resistors on both meaning 4 total

Old 03-11-2016, 11:23 AM
rambradley

You said low beam but said nothing about the high beam. Being the headlights are dual filament with both high and low beam, this means you need load resistors on both meaning 4 total
My high and low beams are SEPERATE. They aren't one bulb. Anyway I found my issue with that. One of the resistors came unsoldered inside of the case so I had to resolder the wire. My next problem is I went ahead and bought a kit for my fog. They automatically **** the fog light circuit down and I had codes saying both fog light circuits were short to ground. I thought they weren't can bus? Anyway I didn't buy a harness with this set so I'll buy a harness and hopefully will work. Just hope I don't have to install resistors on my fogs.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:13 PM
rambradley

Ok so just found out that starting 2013 the fog lights are now wired into the canbus system. It will not turn on a bulb out message but will require canbus ballasts and highly recommended to install a harness too.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:30 AM
Dereck Jackson
Question HID lights wont work on brights

I just hooked up my hid lights in my 07.dodge ram 1500. When my truck is turned off and I turn my low and hi on they work. But when I turn my truck on the low beams work and when I switch to my hi beams the flash 3 times and shut off. How do I fix this??? Please help......

Quick Reply: Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...