3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Keyless entry questions

Old 12-15-2010, 05:10 PM
mkenyon91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless entry questions

So I have an 07 Ram ST with power windows and locks and such, but no keyless entry. I was given a key fob remote from a 05 Dakota which is no longer in use. Is there a way to get this remote programmed to my truck through the dealership or is this an expensive hassle? And if your worried about it being a different remote its the exact same one from the 3rd gen rams, at least until 06 when they put the remote and key onto the same deal. Thanks guys

Old 12-15-2010, 08:07 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the FCC number would have to match the original fobs. If your ST doesn't have keyless entry, no fob will work. There must be a receiver on the truck to detect the signal from the fob.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:35 AM
mkenyon91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, im not sure about the fcc number. i figured theres already a sensor set up for keyless entry and i just need to get it unlocked from the dealership. thats how my factory fogs worked. they wouldnt turn on until i went to dodge and had them plug their computer into it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Keyless entry questions