3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is your air conditioning WEAK????

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 03:09 PM
DonG
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is your air conditioning WEAK????

Did you push the A/C button? My compressor automatically comes on when I select recirculate, but when vent is selected, you have to push the A/C button. Either way at 95 degrees, I will eventually have to turn the temp control up even with the fan on low to keep from freezing everyone out.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:15 AM
mill500
Veteran

(or maybe it's just a dry heat).
I've always liked that one. I gotta tell ya, 108 is pretty stinkin' hot, dry or not.

Old 06-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Berman

mine will freeze your nuts off. something is wrong with yours. [&:]

Old 06-17-2005, 08:20 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

Same here with me, a/c works awesome... I am in Texas and its is right at 100 today where I am, a/c on recirc and my snap-on a/c temp gauge says it is blowin' 38 degrees, cold enough to store my beer in! If only gas wasnt so expensive, I could leave it running all day and always have a cold refreshment.

Old 06-18-2005, 02:39 AM
Hemi Dave
Professional

my 05 does a good job of cooling and I run most of the time with recir off just for fresh air. I have noticed though that tons of heat radiates off the top of the dash board and I can feel it coming at me when the a/c is on low fan. I guess its just sun surface heating through the giant windshield .

Old 06-18-2005, 09:31 AM
QuickStarr

Mine works excellent! You can leave it on max for at most 10 minutes, then kick it down as it gets too cold in the cab. I think it could freeze beer, except i can't drink it like that..............[sm=confused06.gif]

Old 06-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Truckin_Tom
Professional

I live in Texas as well and my a/c works like a champ..

Old 06-20-2005, 02:40 AM
SRSchermerhorn

Mine works just fine using outside air here in Tennessee. I have a QC and I've found that if I use the setting where it blows at your feet and on the windshield, it cools off quite nicely. The defrost vents cool the volume of hot air hovering over the dash and the floor vents help push any cooler air throughout the cab. But I only use it on super hot days and when sitting in road construction traffic. The rest of the time my a/c controls are the 4 switches on my door armrest.

Old 06-20-2005, 04:33 AM
Red Ram Hemi 2005
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine works great.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:35 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Yes, it does remove heat form the air by the way of the freon. It works like this... The compressor compresses the freon gas to liquid. This liquid travels to where the blower blows air lines that have this liquified freon. When the liquid freon encounters the heat form the air it cools the air, but it is turned into a gas. This gaseous freon then goes out to the condensor to "get rid" of the heat and then it goes to the compressor to be compressed back to liquid. Ya know, Boyles Law. PV=nRT where the improtant factor for us is the T for Temp

Any yes, my truck will run you out it is so cold. Even if it is 100% humidity and 98* outside in good ole south florida. It also does better when the RPM's are up as the compressor is spinning faster, but at idle, still cools suficiently.

Make sure your A/C button is on. If not the compressor will not cycle. It also shuts off at high RPM to avoid damage.

Quick Reply: Is your air conditioning WEAK????