3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Part #'s for Improved door seals?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 12:21 PM
07trx4Van/BC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part #'s for Improved door seals?

Absolutely cannot handle the wind noise anymore. Regularly cruise on the highway up here in Alberta at 80+mph. I am deaf on my right side so the noise is really terrible coming in 1 ear from the drivers side. Anyways before I trade my nice 07 hemi in for a GM product does someone have the part #'s for the new door seals>? The dealers up here are in denial and say there is no improved version and no one else has complained of door noise etc etc. Any help appreciated

Old 10-30-2011, 02:09 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are 2 TSB's, but they are older, may not apply to your year:
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2005/23-005-05.htm
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2005/23-049-05.htm

Old 10-30-2011, 02:16 PM
boosted-fc3s
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adjust your door striker plate more towards the cab so when the door is latched, it is pulled in closer to the cab. May be a little harder to close. It didnt cure my wind noise but it helped. I have an 02 and I need the new seals at some point.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:19 PM
stokjeep

Abbotsford BC here - my new to me '07 2500 QC was almost on par for being as quiet on the highway in cruise as my 2008 BMW 528 right up until i put new BFG AT's on it.

Adjust your doors and make sure you have no open holes in your firewall.

Originally Posted by 07trx4Van/BC
Absolutely cannot handle the wind noise anymore. Regularly cruise on the highway up here in Alberta at 80+mph. I am deaf on my right side so the noise is really terrible coming in 1 ear from the drivers side. Anyways before I trade my nice 07 hemi in for a GM product does someone have the part #'s for the new door seals>? The dealers up here are in denial and say there is no improved version and no one else has complained of door noise etc etc. Any help appreciated

Old 11-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

Originally Posted by boosted-fc3s
Adjust your door striker plate more towards the cab so when the door is latched, it is pulled in closer to the cab. May be a little harder to close. It didnt cure my wind noise but it helped. I have an 02 and I need the new seals at some point.
That was one of the first things my mechanic friend did for me when I first got my 02. It's a quick, easy, and free fix (provided you have the tools) It does need a good solid pull (or push) to get it to latch fully but nothing too hard to do. (Also depends on how far in you adjust the striker plate) I think maybe once or twice a month I have to close it again because it didn't latch the first time.
Hopefully that's all you need to do to solve the wind noise

Old 01-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Bat119

Originally Posted by 07trx4Van/BC
The same story here at the dealership, never heard of it, doesn't exist. My 2011 chevy work truck has no wind noise at all when I drive my 2007 Dodge the wind is really annoyng. I adjusted the doors inward, helped a lot but didn't eliminate the noise. I used some 3/8" foam from and foil tape from home depot to use a backing behind the black door seals it worked but looks like hell when the doors are open.

Quick Reply: Part #'s for Improved door seals?