3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

POWER LOCK ISSUES 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Aaron_Staff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POWER LOCK ISSUES 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab

I am not sure if I am in the right forum but I am sure someone will let me know if I am not. Also thank you in advance for any help or ideas in regards to this problem.

A few weeks ago my power locks started going off on their own, both while driving and parked in the driveway. Each morning my battery is dead because the locks are constantly going off on their own. It is a 04 Ram Quad Cab Laramie AWD and the truck does have the original keyless entry as well as an aftermarket auto starter installed. The buttons work in the Key Fob and also on the remote stater remote for the lock and unlock of the vehicle and the remote start works also.

I have checked all four boots at the door jams and found some broken wires in the rear drivers door boot, fixed the wires and still the locks are going off on their own. I checked fuses and all fuses are good. I disconnected the window and lock switch from the drivers door and still the problem persists. I had my licence plate bulbs burnt out and I replaced them thinking maybe it is sending a bad signal somewhere (I realize they do not have anything to do with power locks, Just trying to eliminate any problem I find) It is all 4 doors that keep going off, so I believe a wire cannot be broken anywhere else or at least one door would not work correct? I also replaced the battery in the truck.

I have been doing alot of research on this issue with no real answer from anywhere. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the feedback. I have found several others having the same problem as well but no answers to their questions so I hope someone here may be able to help.

Last edited by Aaron_Staff; 02-07-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Quick Reply: POWER LOCK ISSUES 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab