3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Remote Starter Question (Locks & Parking lights)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Veibz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Starter Question (Locks & Parking lights)

Ok, started to tackle the remote starter task last week. And yes I have read many other post on here before typing this.

All is good except for the door lock/unlock and the parking lights.

I do have the correct resistors... I tapped one into the parking light wire, Remote start...to resistor...to white/light green. Nothing. Haven't tried the locks yet but I am assuming I will run into the same issue.

Some sites say "Must use relay" Do I use the existing relay for the lights? or do I need a separate one?

For some reason I thought simply plugging the resistors into the scenario would solve the issue... I am thinking not haha.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Old 02-04-2012, 08:54 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

What alarm module are you using? The "must use Relay" depends on the alarm module as some have HD relays built into them.
Your gonna get better luck asking these questions over at 12volt.com or alarm type forums. Not many guys are alarm gurus here just to give you heads up.

Parking light wire...You may have to program the module for the corect polarity. i think most are preset for positive polarity, but i think the parking light wire is negative polarity??? not too sure, you'll have to use a multimeter to find out.

The door lock/unlock, you'll have to grab the correct polarity as well and might have the wires backwards? That or you have the wrong wires, or you didnt program the remotes which would make most sense.

Quick Reply: Remote Starter Question (Locks & Parking lights)