3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

bad leaf prings affecting steering?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 04:54 AM
5.7literWINNING!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad leaf prings affecting steering?

ok, so after an inspection it turns out i have sagging rear leaf springs and one is slightly bent.this causses the a$$ end to sit 2 inches lower than normal i thought the truck was just lowered in the rear but apparantly not. i am also in need of new shocks. could this be the cause of my steering being a bit hard? i am the second owner of this truck. what the hell could this guy have done to cause the springs to sag like that?! the truck is only 5 years old!

btw you can see it in my sig picture. and yes its like that even when im not towing.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:19 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I would imagine the PO overloaded it a time or two. VERY common as guys are always trying to do sh*t with a half ton truck that you'd need a 3/4 or even 1 ton to do. Just look at all the "Can I tow my 12,000 lb. 5th Wheel with my 1500" posts we get around here.

But to answer your question, yes shocks and bad suspension components will adversely effect handling. Also, was your truck leveled? Raising the front is the most common cause of hard or harsh steering...

Quick Reply: bad leaf prings affecting steering?