3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help truck is broken as hell

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 11:40 PM
Ben Hurd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help truck is broken as hell

My 06 Hemi 2500 lost fuel pressure going down the highway. Replaced fuel pump. New pump won't turn on, have light for etc failure. Replaced the throttle body and the entire tipm (fuse box with integrated fuel pump relay) and the light is still on for etc fault. Fuel pump still isn't turning on.
edit: read some similar posts and thought I would ad that I have tried my code reader and I get no codes, but my CEL and the red lightning bolt light both come on. I get 10 flashes from the CEL when I first turn the key. Red bolt light goes off after about a minute. Could this be the PCM? Or is it a TPS issue? I haven't check for power yet from the TIPM but I'm pretty sure there's none. Will check tomorrow if I can find which wire(s) I need to.

Last edited by Ben Hurd; 03-20-2021 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-20-2021, 12:18 PM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

There is a software problem in your code reader that is preventing it from displaying the code. Try going to an auto parts store and get a loaner or get them to read it for you.

Old 03-21-2021, 02:33 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 574 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Hurd
My 06 Hemi 2500 lost fuel pressure going down the highway. Replaced fuel pump. New pump won't turn on, have light for etc failure. Replaced the throttle body and the entire tipm (fuse box with integrated fuel pump relay) and the light is still on for etc fault. Fuel pump still isn't turning on.
edit: read some similar posts and thought I would ad that I have tried my code reader and I get no codes, but my CEL and the red lightning bolt light both come on. I get 10 flashes from the CEL when I first turn the key. Red bolt light goes off after about a minute. Could this be the PCM? Or is it a TPS issue? I haven't check for power yet from the TIPM but I'm pretty sure there's none. Will check tomorrow if I can find which wire(s) I need to.

I've never been to Hell so I don't know how broke it is. Then again, I have had some unpleasant jobs with difficult bosses over the years.

Before you tear the truck apart any more and start throwing parts at it, let's do some cheap, well, free, checks first. Does your truck use the same relay for both the fuel pump and the a/c? I don't remember how the relays are positioned, but if they are the same, swap them.If the pump starts working but your a/c quits, you've got a bad relay. Swap the a/c relay back and get a new fuel pump relay. Now, it may be something else, but this doesn't cost a thing and takes about 5 minutes, including walking back and forth.

While you're doing this, how many miles on the truck.

Old 03-21-2021, 10:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Hell is about 150 miles north of me.

Old 03-21-2021, 11:18 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 574 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Hell is about 150 miles north of me.