3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Adding a power sliding rear window??

Old 03-29-2012, 12:04 AM
63T-Bolt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding a power sliding rear window??

I have the motor, cables, and the center glass for a power rear sliding glass setup. I also have some of the wiring for it (to the kick panel area and that's it)

Did any 02-05 trucks come with the power rear window? If so can anyone post pics of where the switch is located, and the switch it self???

Anyone have a diagram as to how I might be able to add this thing in with the wiring?

Can I just remove my manual sliding rear window and install the power section, and not have to replace the whole back glass setup??

Old 03-29-2012, 07:26 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

You need the whole back glass set-up. Not sure how you think you would be able to make a 3-piece window back there with a dsingle glass unit anyways? Plus, the entire track assebly is different on a slider window!
The switch for the window is underneath the heater controls on my truck. You can prob pick up a switch on ebay or at a salvage yard. The factory system is tied into the switched ignition and requires the use of a relay.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 AM
63T-Bolt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
You need the whole back glass set-up. Not sure how you think you would be able to make a 3-piece window back there with a dsingle glass unit anyways? Plus, the entire track assebly is different on a slider window!
The switch for the window is underneath the heater controls on my truck. You can prob pick up a switch on ebay or at a salvage yard. The factory system is tied into the switched ignition and requires the use of a relay.

Being mine has a manual sliding rear window........ I wasnt trying to make it work with a single piece back glass, you surmised that, would have figured
someone would realize I have the manual unit and want to install the power unit.

02-05 dash is totally different, I believe the 04-05 trucks had the power glass, and the switch is in the overhead console, but I can't be for sure as i have yet to see one.

That is unless the switch goes below the heater control, which is where my heated seat switches are.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:29 PM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You would have to replace the entire unit. There is no way to just add the center sliding unit. There are companies who manufacture a power unit for replacement. Do a search. If you had the entire assembly, you could probably contact a glass replacement company and have them install it. Unless you are very proficient with replacing glass. Not a job for the squeemish!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adding a power sliding rear window??